“Excellent day out in the wineries” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Mittagong
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi there, this a tour with a difference if you wish: The Grape Escape will pick you up where you are staying in the Highlands. We have an all day Cellar Door Tastings::: We also have a Clay Target Shoot with lunch with 2 Cellar Doors in the arvo:) Touting with me you will discover great vineyards have a heap of fun meeting the owners and sampling their vino. I have also started a "Tour De-Vine" You will have yo look up my web site to find out what this is about: We have just joined Trip Adviser looking forward to your comments: I am the owner of the Grape Escape so I will look after you like family... Thank you Hope to see you on the coach in the future; Come on the journey with me, I promise you a great time with a DVD you can keep for a laugh!Thank you Kathleen
Sydney
“Excellent day out in the wineries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Kate - thank you for your local knowledge and knowing about the hidden gems. It is worth going with a local to know all the worthwhile places to go and see. Thanks Kate - we had a great day out and I hope the wineries appreciate the value and customers you bring to them through your business.

Visited September 2012
Kate H, Owner at The Grape Escape, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Here is a belated thank you for your comment: I am just getting my head around Social Media!

How is your wine file going? I know just how serious you are about your wine.

Thank you for choosing the Grape Escape.

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
“Kate, you're a life saver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Due to a series of circumstances beyond our control we ended up in the Southern Highlands sans vehicle. We optimistically decided catching taxis from winery to winery was the way to go but after an $80 fare from one to the next we were contemplating what to do next when Kate came to our rescue! We were lucky enough to encounter her with two of her customers at Tertini where she kindly offered for us to join her tour. We didn't take much convincing & before you knew it, were on our way. Such a friendly, generous and spirited guide with great stories - we had the best time. Clearly very familiar with the owners and proprietors of the various estates, we felt like honored guests the whole way.

Visited August 2012
Kate H, Owner at The Grape Escape, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
What a great group to allow you to mix with them.............Happy days!!

I was pleased to show you around as I do love what I do: Our Wines and Cellar Doors are excellent and so so personal.

Sorry about the long delay in returning a thank you, but it takes me a while to get my head around this Social Media...Today I feel I have got it :)

Sydney
“Winter Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The day started with Kate picking us up from farm cottage we were staying at (Longview), and this is certainly saying something about her accomodating nature, as we didn't realise how far away from the Wine region we actually were. All the cellar doors that we visited were unique in their own way, and it was clear that they were passionate about what they did. Lunch at Exeter was fantastic, in the most idealic of locations. Everyone we met was so warm, chatty and friendly, it was as if we were visiting some of Kate's closest friends! Kate was not only an excellent tour guide for wines, but of the entire region! We're looking forward to bringing friends and family back, and visiting some of the little gems that Kate pointed out during the tour. Thanks Kate!

Visited July 2012
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Wonderful wine tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I were in Bowral for our honeymoon and wanted to do a wine tour of the area. We found The Grape Escape in a tourism magazine. Kate was able to fit us in and picked us up at our hotel. We had the most amazing day! Kate is an amazing tour guide, she knows all the wineries and cellar doors in the area and hand picked the best for us to go to. We were able to take our time at each and had an amazing lunch. It was one of the best days of our trip! Kate is friendly and knowledgeable and made sure that we had a good time. We can't wait to go back again! We would definitely recommend The Grape Escape!

Visited May 2012
Kariong, Australia
“A fantastic day out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

It was a last moment thing, and found The Grape Escape in the local Southern Highlands tourism magazine. We were lucky that Kate wasn't booked out and made the decision to book a day touring the wine regions. Kate picked us up from our Cottage in Bowral and took us to all her favourite wineries! She sure knows how to pick them! Fantastic wines and met so many interesting characters on our travels. Kate really brings a personal touch to the tour, as she knows the wine makers and they are always so pleased to see her and the people she has brought to them. I've been on plenty wine tours, and this is the BEST I've been on. Thanks Kate for a great day and the DVD too was a laugh :)))

Visited July 2012