“A Welshman who specialises in Japanese pancakes and Curry!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ice Cream
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Albury, Australia
“A Welshman who specialises in Japanese pancakes and Curry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

A very friendly business owner who gave us great advice and let us sample his Japanese pancakes. Also had great Ice Creams, thick shakes and a killer Lime Spider! We will definitely visit again, I am dying to have one of his Curry's :-)

Visited November 2013

Pambula
“A wonderful surprise - small but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been fans of this ice-creamery since we arrived in Merimbula over a decade ago. With the new owner, Tim, taking over it has been transformed into perhaps the friendliest food outlet in a town filled with eatery options. Tim takes pride in having all the usual flavours of ice cream but specialises in making a complete range of crepes, wraps, flapjacks (pancakes !). In winter months, curries-and-rice aplenty are on the menu, with Tim serving locally-made curry mixes and thus supporting another local industry !

When we just want to relax, chat to Tim - who is one of the most personable guys you could ever meet, especially in a food shop - read the papers and have a light brunch/lunch/afternoon-tea ... we head straight to Tim's ice creamery. What sets this place apart from its competitors in the touristy food industry here is the sense of service and feeling that you're always welcome. Nothing seems to be any bother, and customers genuinely come first.

Though small and tucked away at the end of the boardwalk, this is definitely worth winning awards for service and value-for-money. Throw in the stunning views over the lake, and this place surpasses everything else in the township in my view (and that of my wife and son too).

• Visited October 2013
Launceston, Australia
“Boardwalk Ice-Creamery and crepe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A beautiful location to sit and enjoy the yummiest pancakes I have ever had. I have been there a few times now and can't wait to go again. I wish I could live there so I could enjoy their pancakes and ice creams when ever I wanted to!!!

• Visited March 2013
Jindabyne, Australia
“lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great service and food at a reasonable price. Location on the river bank allows for wonderful views of the waterway.

Visited October 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Delicious mango pancakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I saw this place during my morning walk around the Lake and decided to try it out. I had the mango pancakes because I love fresh and tree ripe mangoes. This dish could have been a dessert since it consisted of pancakes, fresh ripe pancake slices, and topped with coconut ice cream. I savored every bite of this breakfast. It is a very small place with a few outdoor tables on the Promenade by the Lake. I returned the next morning for a repeat performance and it was as good as before. The owner/cook/waiter was a really nice guy and we had some great conversations. Check out the picture I took. Seeing is believing.

• Visited March 2013