“Friendly Family Hotel, Beautiful, clean & spacious rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2, Save 10%!
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Merimbula
“Friendly Family Hotel, Beautiful, clean & spacious rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last couple of years as I travel here with work. I kept intending to write a review and not getting around to it- but I felt compelled to do so after staying in one of the luxurious spa rooms last week which was absolutely amazing!. I have stayed in several different rooms here and all of them have been spotlessly clean. I am really fussy about cleanliness and I have tried other hotels in the area, this is my favourite- I am surprised anyone found otherwise- even things like the fridge, the kettle, toaster and microwave are sparkly clean every time. The bathrooms were all recently refurbished and are modern, functional, tasteful- and spotless. The soft furnishings have been regularly updated and are tasteful giving the rooms a much more luxurious feel than a standard motel room. The beds are comfortable (especially the king bed in the spa unit- lovely..).Electric blankets are soooo nice in winter. Air con/heating is efficient winter and summer. Kitchenettes are very handy with everything you could need for a short stay. Debbie, Peter and family are friendly and helpful in a non intrusive way. They make every effort to make the guests comfortable, they take my room preferences into consideration even when they are very busy.There is a golf club straight over the road, and the yummy Wheelers restaurant next door making eating out a breeze and a 2 minute walk home. Breakfast can be provided as a tray in the room the night before if you have an early start, and there is a great selection. Debbie and Peter use top quality fruit and bread, where I have noticed other places will go for cheaper options. Yes, It is a family run hotel, and sometimes the family are in other parts of the complex rather than in reception all the time, but they will be there very quickly. And the motel is nearer Pambula than Merimbula, and really is more convenient with a car- but this is the same for most motels in the locality. There is a pool and tennis court which I have never had time to use- but I will make sure to stay longer and use all the facilities one day. I have absolutely no hesitation recommending this place and I look forward to my stays every time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times before, warm welcome with treats, free Internet, loads of help, and much more.

This time we got over charged, ordered our room for 1 night for $139 over the phone and when we got home we was charged $170, make sure you book online so the price is locked in! free Internet suddenly costs more, no one at the desk, cable tv barely works, untidy outside, king bed is like laying on a rock, why is the tiny fridge full of drinks you don't want that costs loads more?, the only thing that made it worthwhile this time was the spa, will be trying a new place next time - how disappointing!

• Stayed October 2013
sbm1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Fairway Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to hear you were not happy with your recent stay with us and I thank you for your feedback regarding this. I will be taking your information on board and address it accordingly in order to ascertain where we let you down. I would like to point out that if you were quoted $139 on the phone you should not have been charged $170.00, unless there was a different room type chosen on arrival or if there were more than one person staying, which was not originally spoken about. Either way I would be happy to review your booking if you could give me the name it was booked in and exactly when you stayed. If you have a valid case I would be happy to compensate you in some way as this should not have happened. If you would prefer to call direct to the motel, please feel free to do so.
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Good room, but what expected for price, which is top for country motel.Good location over road from Golf Club which provides typical cheap large food, did not use breakfast facility as left early.
$10 charge for wiFi access way out of date!
Albert

Room Tip: Before booking ask if WiFi free
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Room was nice and big. Cleanliness pretty good. The hotel grounds were untidy and pool dirty. Reception staff not very well presented. Hotel lacked pride in its presentation. Was expecting higher standards for nearly $200 per night. Was ok.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I often travel down the South Coast with work and every time I do I always stay at the Fairway Motor Inn at Merimbula. All of the rooms have recently been refurbished and the owners Debbie and Peter are the perfect hosts where nothing is an effort. You can use the charge back facility to your room form the Golf Club right across the road or if you wish to experience some fresh seafood you cant go past Wheelers restaurant just 2 doors down. Maybe you dont want to go any where there is a tennis court, swimming pool and BBQ area to just kick back a top family orientated place to stay

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter if that is important
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were just looking for an overnight stay for a quick getaway but you could stay much longer as the rooms come equipped with a small but useful kitchenette. The rooms are recently renovated and much larger than the normal traditional motel rooms. Beds are super comfortable and the bathroom is sparkling. Reception is very friendly and efficient. Set in beautiful gardens, there is also a pool but for warmer times than August. Wheelers Restaurant is two doors down or you can dine at the Golf Club across the road. We chose Wheelers and were not disappointed. We would like to stay a little longer next time. There is no restaurant on site but breakfast could be delivered to your room or there are cafes in town nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
monza
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Quite poor hospitality. When I arrived there was no one at reception I had to wait several minutes, ringing the doorbell several times.
The hotel is organized as a motel. At the door of the room there was not the light that lit up so it was difficult to insert the key. The mattress was hard.
The hotel is several kilometers outside the town. To find it I had to ask for directions at the airport staff that is just a short distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
FairwayMotorInn6000, Owner at BEST WESTERN Fairway Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear FRV_9,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We recognise not all of our rooms have received their lighting upgrades, however this will be completed very soon. Our beds in all rooms are only a year old and we receive excellent comments about them. We are sorry these weren't to your liking. As you have stated we are in fact a motel and not a hotel and we stand by our award of Best Deluxe Accommodation in the South Coast Region for 2012.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +61 2 6495 6000.

Debbie & Peter Gardiner
Owners
BEST WESTERN Fairway Motor Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Fairway Motor Inn? Share your experiences!