“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lennox Head Beachouse YHA

Lennox Head Beachouse YHA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lennox Head
Lennox Head Beachouse YHA
You added Lennox Head Beachouse YHA to your Saves list
3 Ross Stret, Lennox Head, New South Wales 2478, Australia   |
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

After a week of craziness in Byron Bay, I was looking for a relaxing, comfortable stay in Lennox Head and this YHA didn't disappoint.

A friendly welcome from the host, Graeme, was matched by a spotless and comfortable double room. Nice and quiet too, so was able to catch up on some well-deserved sleep.

Other rooms I saw were also spotless, as were the shower facilities. There's a TV room and books available at reception.

The hostel is just yards from the beach and just a short walk to the cafés and restaurants.

This place is as good as it gets.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Well what can I say. Lennox head yha is one of the best places I have stayed in Oz. For a backpackers it's fantastic. Rooms open onto a courtyard which is awesome. Kitchen, tv room all great. People staying there also great. Maybe a slightly older crowd but that was good as it was quiet and we had great nights sleep.
A big mention to graham tho who is so friendly, nothing is too difficult to him. The beach house is obviously his pride and joy! He also makes a great choc cake.
We will def be returning here soon.

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

To tell you why we stayed here I have to back it up a little bit with a short story...

I have always thought hostels were a dirty experience that just backpackers were willing to use (hence I decided to stay away from hostels and backpackers... just in case). The idea of sharing parts of the place where I am staying wasn't appealing at all.

Then my girl came along and she started sharing with me her insights about traveling budget constraint (to me that was out of the question) and where to stay. After a while I told her I was not open to the idea of staying at any of those 'filthy' places as I did not want any type of bugs crawling into my clothes at night. Eventually she convinced me of staying one night at this hostel with one condition: If I liked it the first day we were going to stay four days, if I didn't we were going to move to a proper hotel.

Day one was great, we did the check-in and Graham took us to our room. Then he took us to his garden where you will find basil, coriander, parsley, pepper and many other things; telling us it was there for cooking (taking us to the kitchen) which is big enough for four people cooking without too much hassle. Finally told us about the bicycles he rents (as well as surfboards, windsurf boards, kites, etc) or the availability of walks early in the morning to watch turtles hatching its eggs, trying to get to the water and continue their journey.
I was amazed and obviously we stayed for the full four days.

The kitchen is pretty good, it has everything you might need, although you might need to wait a bit to be able to cook if the kitchen is too crowed.

Rooms are pretty good, on those four days we had two rooms because a little misunderstanding with our reservation, but avoid the rooms from the west side of the house on Winter, it might be a bit 'cold' (Australian standard for cold is 12 degrees Celsius).
Also if you are easily awake, tell Graham to place you at the far back, people tend to make a bit of noise until 10pm.

Bathrooms, good and clean most of times. As towels aren't provided you need to take your own (but later on I realized every hostel does the same thing).

Common areas are pretty good to chill out, read a book or watch tv.

Bicycles are a bit rusty... but if you consider that lost of guests take them to the beach the bicycles are in great condition!

Room Tip: Rooms from the east side have a pleasant sunshine in the morning and is pretty quiet in general.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had been unable to stay at the place we'd reserved in Byron Bay - which we weren't sorry about because Byron Bay was just too crowded, full of too many people and too much traffic - so we went down to Lennox Head where Graham was so helpful. I'm in a wheelchair which makes accommodation difficult sometimes. We had a double room, which was great and our son had a dorm room. We could hear the surf from the sea just down the road all the time. The kitchen is good and there are plenty of tables around the courtyard for eating or just sitting and enjoying the space. Graham rents out surfboards and charges a small amount for WiFi, less than other places we've stayed. The beach is just minutes away, you can see it from the hostel and you can also see Lake Ainsworth. So, beach or lake both are beautiful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lennox Head Beachouse YHA? Share your experiences!