“delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My friend and I enjoyed lunch there. She enjoyed the eggs florentine from the breakfast menu and I had the haloumi salad - both were full of flavour. My friend raved about their crepes with fresh fruit as well as their pear cider. The iced chocolate was a bit on the basic side, 'tho. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Great location, nice open air decor. Thank you!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“casual chic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a great location to meet up with friends and family. The atmosphere is casual and breezy thanks to the open plan and friendly staff. Our breakfasts were delicious and the coffee great and we felt so relaxed that the temptation to stay a bit longer to enjoy a second coffee was too great to resist! I love that the produce is sourced locally wherever possible and the menu simple and tasty. I returned again with a friend for dinner where we enjoyed the fresh fish with ratatouille sauce and pickled beetroot and the seafood soup and were not disappointed. A great all round experience where I will be sure to head next time I am visiting Lennox!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is the best. I visited Lennox over summer and went to blackboard a few times. Their breakfast is great, my favourite is the Spanish eggs and the juices (in jars!). The dinner menu is even better. Love the friendly and relaxed vibe with cute and simple decor. Owners clearly have a passion for their business and make Blackboard a great place to visit. Coffee is the best in the area! Lovely.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Simply ....... marvelous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This little place has it all. The breakfast we were served was delicious and fresh. Coffee was full-flavoured and the staff were delightful. Such an amazing contrast to the rush and bother of most of the city eateries that we are accustomed too. I guess that the friendly, cheerful nature of Lennox Head just produces nice people. Our experience at Blackboard was remarkable. We were served complimentary gourmet cheeses, as a bonus, by a lovely girl and attended by very courteous young people that exhibited a professionalism that was totally refreshing. Blackboard was just one of the very wonderful experiences we had in beautiful Lennox Head. Awesome ! Thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Lennox Head, Australia
“Breakfast is buzzing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Been here once a while ago for breakfast and it was pleasant enough, but I recently went there for dinner and I think it was not up to scratch. The menu was very limited and the offering was "wintery". Nothing light - all fairly heavy in the traditional French style and probably the chef's TOP 10. Because what we ate was delicious (Duck confit). We also had the standard rocket, pear and parmesan salad and 3 scallops for entree.The "kids menu" had a better range. The service was very attentive (we were the only ones there) and I might try it again in winter.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere