“Great Service but POOR Business Relations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 attractions in Jenkintown
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
philly
“Great Service but POOR Business Relations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2008

Used a gift certificate for a massage and facial. The massage was excellent; my best so far. The facial was very good also. However, there was a bachelorette gathering there that afternoon and the lounge was fairly crowded. (waiting area where they serve cheese/crackers, etc., while waiting for your service.) My massage room ended up being the room right next door to the lounge. While there was music playing in the room, to create a relaxed atmosphere, it was ruined by the noise coming from the lounge next door. It wasn't intentional, but with about 10 women in the adjacent room, it made for an unacceptable experience - considering the costs associated with an upscale spa. When the receptionist at the front desk, (perhpas the owner, I don't know), asked how everything was I explained that while the services were great, the atmosphere was ruined by all the noise and the massage was not relaxing as a result. He only response was "sorry, but we had a bachelorrete gathering". That was her only comment. I think it was totally unprofessional and a very poor business decision. Why did she ask if she didn't care - which she obviously did not. I have been coming to this spa for years with gift certificates from my step-kids. But now, I think I will suggest they try a new one that just opened up in Ambler, also an upscale spa. I think the right thing for them to have done - would have been to provide a partial compensation. Nothing at all was offered. Business is business and there IS competition out there and word of mouth can be your best advertisement or your worst enemy.