“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Junee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Junee Licorice & Chocolate Factory is open 7 days a week, everyday except Christmas Day, 9am-4pm. Take a tour through our historic landmark, originally the Junee Flour Mill, built in 1935. Tours run every hour on the hour. Starting at 10am and concluding at 3pm. For the more adventurous guests there is freckle or rocky road making. This is where visitors are able to have a “hands on experience” with our Organic Belgium couverture chocolate and make their own chocolate freckle or creation of rocky road. With a beautiful cafe and gourmet lunches available.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Brisbane, Australia
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you're in Junee and not a diabetic then you have to come here. I loved the tour and their products are just delicious. I just wish I went when it wasn't school holidays, kids everywhere!

Visited April 2014

Sydney
3 attraction reviews
“Yummy Chocolate. Licorice to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Indoor and out door area to have teas, coffees and licorice.
Car park on site.
Well worth the visit if you are driving around the region. We came by driving from airshow at Temora to Wagga Wagga.
They provide samples of their product and their healthy licorice with spelt was the best licorice I have ever tasted and before I saw this place I had not wanted to eat licorice for years.
Tours are available and our son paid to go to the back of the factory and make his own giant chocolate freckle. The milk chocolate they make is devine and I put 1 kilo of chocolate flakes and some licorice to take back with me.
Would love to order more of the stuff. Enjoyed this visit.

Visited March 2014
Canberra, Australia
28 attraction reviews
“Food history & heritage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

A bit of a step back in time when you enter this old factory building now majoring on licorice. Also give yourself some time to browse through the upstairs shop with a very eclectic range of merchandise.

Visited January 2014
Queanbeyan, Australia
21 attraction reviews
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I've been to the June Licorice and Chocolate Factory many times. On my last visit, I finally took the time to go on a tour. It's definitely worth it and interesting to see how the treats are made, and the aroma is amazing! When you're on the tour, you get to play a game of vertical bowling with a licorice ball. Have a go, you might win a free box of licorice!

The setting in the old flour mill is very charming.

I love picking up my favourite sweets in the factory shop, trying new things, and picking up seconds from the bargain bin (last time, I scored big bags of cooking chocolate, they were a steal, and delicious). I'll definitely keep coming back!

Visited February 2013
3 attraction reviews
“YES!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Not our first trek to the factory and certainly won't be our last. We took the tour this time and it was well worth the very small fee - informative, tasty and fun! In a world of over processed products it was great to see the hands on and traditional techniques still used to create these lovely organic treats. So good we left with three bags full !