“Exactly what we needed after 2 years of waiting for a break.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Huskisson Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huskisson
Huskisson Bed and Breakfast
You added Huskisson Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
12 Tomerong Street, Huskisson, Shoalhaven, New South Wales, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Huskisson B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
“Exactly what we needed after 2 years of waiting for a break.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I found Huskisson B&B a highlight of our two year wait for a break. We arrived frazzled from work and recent demanding lifestyles and left feeling cared for and rested, even though it was a 2 night stay. Initially a one night stay we extended our stay for another night as it was such a pleasure to be there. Kate and Steve are fantastic hosts.

The home was a clear winner for me. I've tried many a hotel, a motel and a B&B in NSW/VIC and this was unmatched. (The only thing missing was a hot breakfast!) I found the decor absolutely tasteful, uncluttered, clean and exceedingly fresh. Which is beautiful as it takes us away from the messiness of life for those few days.

I was very thankful for an intimate B&B that catered to children as well (well mannered children). It is the only B&B in the area (Jervis Bay, Vincentia, Huskisson) that caters to children. Hannah loved the rooms and being able to escape the confines of a small studio as well. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your warm hospitality. We will be back, that's a promise.

Room Tip: Each room is beautifully set and catered for.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

I stayed five days at Huskisson with my aunt in March 2011 and loved it. Did not want to leave! The property is very well located, not too far not too close to Huskisson, it is quiet, spacious and beautifully decorated! I definately recommend it if you go down the coast and want to stop over in Jervis Bay. Kate and Stephen are lovely and so are their 2 cats and lovely dog, Sundae! everything is thought to make you feel comfortable and at home and it works! Comfy lounge, dinning area, and a good range of tips for travellers from your hists! Amazing breakfast; great beds, lovely service, it is just my favourite option ever. Will definately stay there again; thx again Kate and Stephen! Charles

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at the Huskisson B&B and loved it! The room was lovely, clean and extremely comfortable - i did not want to get out of that huge bed! And the common areas were homely yet boutique-esque... will loads of fabulous object d'art to look at - my favouirte being an old rocking horse! There was always a wide selection of teas, coffee and biscuits to help yourself too from the kitchen as well which was a really nice touch.
Kate and Steve were so welcoming and it felt less like you were staying at a b&b and more like staying with family friends. They were really quick to help suggest places to stay, booked restaurants and trips for us and gave us huge amounts of advise about the rest of our trip down the coast.
All in all it was a wonderful stay and if i was ever back that way would definitely want to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Toongabbie NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We went to Huskisson for our 10 year wedding anniversary and stayed at the Huskisson B & B. Obviously for such a milestone you hope for everything to be good and it was. We are normally not B & B people but we'll definitely stay again.

The place is decorated in a quirky but quite beachy way. The bed was super comfy and the linen felt and smelt nice. The ceilings are really high too. The bathroom was enormous witha shower and a bath too. We couldn't hear the other guests, we slept without interruption.

Our room was one that opened onto the back garden. We didn't spend any time there, but it would be lovely to pass an hour reading a book on one of the banana lounges.

The owners Steve & Kate seemed to know when to "be there" and when not to and are obviously quite experienced at running a B & B. They gave some good advice about what to do in Jervis Bay which we followed. They were very obliging about things like nominating our breakfast time, but the 8:30am start felt about right. They were very healthy breakfasts with particularly nice fruits.

So all up a very pleasant three nights and days. We recommend staying there to those wanting a risk-free good time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We visited this hotel with friends from Sydney, whom we were visiting from London, on their recommendation. They'd been there before for a weekend 'a deux' away, but it was equally suited to group of 4 like us. Kate and Steve, who run the place, run a fabulous establishment! It is nicely decorated, with all sorts of interesting pieces Kate has collected from markets around the world, all blending into a light-coloured beachy-style decor which invites relaxation. We had the suite which backed onto the pretty garden (where we played cards in the sun with a few beers) which had a massive en suite bathroom with bath and shower, as well as a second kids bedroom with bunk beds (which we did not use). Our friends had the front room, also with en suite, and also stylishly decorated in light colours. In the guests living room, we were able to choose between many board games, movies and books to peruse, and there were always a big range of teas and coffee for us to self-administer at any time there as well. With keys we were free to come as we pleased, and therefore were free to explore the establishments of the Huskisson high street as late as we wanted to - all within walking distance. We didn't sample the cooked breakfast, which was available if desired, but the continental included with our rooms consisted of a choice of many cereals, yogurts, coffees (we had cappuccinos and lattes, made by Steve - yum!!) as well as toast and a whole array of jams made locally in Huskisson, down the road. On our last day, we were talking about activities to do over breakfast, and mentioned the dolphin watching boat tour in front of Kate, who them proceeded to call the local operator on our behalf and get us booked in, when we had left it to the last minute. We never would have managed without her. She recommended beaches ( there arer many to choose from) and we were not disappointed - the one we enjoyed the most, for natural beauty, white sand and lack of other people was called Murrays Beach, but the beach in Huskisson, which is walking distance from the B and B w also beautiful!! So all in all, nothing to fault in this B and B, if you are after a nice relaxing, well decorated, fantastically serviced B and B in this beautiful part of Australia. We would visit again!

• Stayed February 2011
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

We spent two nights in Jervis Bay at Huskisson B&B in early January. If I had known how lovely it is there I would have planned for more time. The B&B was wonderful. Very relaxing and we appreciated that Kate and Steve were not "in your face" all the time, but they were very helpful and provided wonderful tips on local restaurants, kangaroo spotting areas, beaches and even down to car rental companies that worked out perfectly. The room was spacious, very clean and had direct access to a little terrace and the garden where colourful birds welcome you with their song in the morning. Would love to go back!! I do have to say though that I found the price quite high! But it was the main holiday period and therefore probably the same everywhere during this time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

I have visited the Jervis Bay region 4 times in 11 years and go for the beaches and the national park. In that time I have never found anywhere to stay that I've loved - until I stayed at this B and B. What a delight. From the moment I stepped into my room I wished I could have stayed longer (I had the Verandah room which has its own front door which is great). The place is warm, cosy, unique and homely but with touches of luxury - the beds are super comfortable, the bath is to die for and the walk in shower is huge. Kate and Steve, the owners, were friendly but I didn't feel I had to talk to them all the time - they just let me get on with relaxing. Breakfast was taken on my verandah which meant I could read and spend some quality "alone" time. It's a great base from which to explore and when you drive round the area you do wish more of the houses looked like this cottage. Shame for them they don't. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Huskisson Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!