“Little Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Holbrook
Glenmore Park, Australia
“Little Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very pleasant stay on a trip from Sydney to Melbourne. Clean and comfortable with the little extras like a toaster, iron and microwave that make things easier when travelling with family. On the Hume Highway but very quiet rooms. Friendly helpful owners. Lovely town with a great bakery.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bundanoon, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

A last minute decision had us staying overnight in Holbrook, and this property appeared on the web to be as good as any.
We were not disappointed, though would have preferred a room with a sofa. It was clean and pleasant, with the two blocks of rooms facing a common area with lawn, trees and a swimming pool.
The split system air-conditioning was quiet and effective and even the passing trucks did not disturb our good night's sleep. (Note: When the highway bypass is completed the truck noise will go with the highway.)
The only negative was the tiny refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews on this property, and thought why not. Well my wife and I were not disappointed. Viewing initially from the highway it looked like what you would expect to see from any other inexpensive motel. After travelling from Melbourne, upon checking in I was advised to jump into the pool as it was great, which it was. The room was no 7 at the back, and the building had a carport the whole length which was an asset. The room was spotless, and very comfortable. We would definitely stay again. I have no trouble in recommending this motel.

Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had an unexpected stay at the Holbrook Settler's Motel in September this year while visiting Australia from the UK. I would most certainly recommend a stay here to anyone travelling on the Hume Highway. We received a friendly welcome from the owners and were given milk for tea or coffee in our rooms. Rooms were spotlessly clean and had microwave, toaster and kettle and fridge. Plasma screen TV plus china and cuttlery etc. The heating in the rooms was efficient and the beds had electric blankets which were most welcome as the night was cold. We ordered breakfast which was delivered to our rooms and it was first class. Three poached eggs each!!!! Bathrooms were spotless and plenty of towels plus toileteries. We only stayed one night as we were on our way from Melbourne up to Sydney. I would have been very happy to have stayed longer. Thank you Chris

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a great stay although very brief. We arrived after dinner and left after breakfast. We had a family room which was very comfy and plenty of room for three adults. It had a microwave and a toaster which we used for breakfast. There were two sets of knives and forks and several mugs and glasses. However, with providing a toaster we would have loved a plate to put our toast on. We would definitely return and will tell our friends to make this their stopover from Sydney to Melbourne. Thanks Chris!!!

Stayed September 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

After driving for 6 hours from Sydney it was getting colder and it was time to stop......
The first Motel in the town of Holbrook, coming from Sydney, is the Holbrook Settler's Motel. Being greeted with a courteous friendly manner and a great smile Chris was more than accommodating. I received the days newspaper, milk for coffee or tea and directions for anything I require in the evening with what was open locally. Knowing full well that I had another long day of driving ahead of me tomorrow I ordered breakfast, with directions to my room which is neatly presented and cosy. Switched on the heating which warmed the room quickly and snuggled in for good night's sleep. Breakfast arrived promptly at the time I ordered with a warm good morning. After surveying the surroundings in the morning I noticed a pool and facilities for my kids to play, plus its about a 5/10 min walk into town. After many years of driving past The Holbrook Settler's Motel, I can geniunely say that I highly recommend a stopover here on your way north or south. I look forward to my next visit and know that I'll get great service and a smile to boot...... Thanks Chris!!!
I would highly recommend a stopover here on your way north or south

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Have stayed here on a number of occasions...excellent presentation of rooms...exceptionally clean and great customer service....arriving late on a cold evening the heating had been turned on, making our stay even more pleasant. We will definitely be returning!!

Room Tip: All rooms excellent