“Changed hands, lost the magic!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 32 restaurants in Griffith
Cuisines: International
“Changed hands, lost the magic!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Having had one of the best meals I can remember on my previous trip, I decided to visit again on my current trip to Griffith. The reasraunt has changed owners recently, and the name has also changed. The menu appeared to be the same, however the meal was comparatively ordinary. Whilst my meal was perfectly acceptable, the magic that I experienced on my last visit was obviously in the hands of the previous owner chefs. Having previously raved about this Restraunt I feel it appropriate to revise my review. The service was very good, but the spark has died out for me.

68% Recommend
Willaura, Australia
“Not special, there are better options in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

After reading other reviews on Trip Advisor and on a recommendation from a local we tried the Clocktower for dinner. The restaurant was virtually deserted and we asked for a table away from the door as it was a freezing rainy night. That appeared to be too much to ask for and we were seated in the window (no doubt to make the restaurant look full). Service was slow, especially given at that point there was only us and one other couple there. The menu is limited and I thought uninteresting.

My salmon on risotto tasted pretty good, the capers and fresh tomato salsa added a welcome sourness to the dish. But the salmon was overcooked and it jut wasn't hot enough. I suspect it sat under a heat lamp while my partner's pasta was finished.

There are other much tastier and better value options in Griffith.

Cobar, Australia
“Spoil yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Had heard it was good but this exceeded our expectations. Calamari entree was delicious, Salmon main with Rocket salad was better than delicious and the Pannacotta was the perfect end to a delightful evening. It is an absolute treat to be able to access food of this quality in regional NSW - Sydney doesn't have the domain on great food!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Griffith, Australia
“delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

pizzas are a must. Absolutely divine. Great service in a friendly relaxed atmosphere. If you're looking for good italian as well as Australian cuisine, this is the place to go.

“Great food, service & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Very Gluten Free obliging , atmosphere modern,food excellent.
My Scotch Fillet was cooked to my liking. The duck was great too. Good selection of local wines. Table service very good. Would definitely return .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere