“2 nights stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn The Willows

You added Quality Inn The Willows to your Saves list
Quality Inn The Willows
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   512 Pacific Hwy | Gosford North, Gosford, New South Wales 2250, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Gosford
Lightning Ridge, Australia
“2 nights stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived having made a booking were told that they could not find the booking mind you the gentleman that took the booking the night before was not very helpful and told me I should've booked at Whatif. So we had arranged to pencil in the Monday night and if we were not going to make it there to contact them by 1pm. We arrived at at 3pm there was no booking but rooms were available upstairs, we had already explained that we needed a ground floor room. So were told we could update to a room for $159.00 per night but dropped it to to $139.00 as it was a 2 night booking. Needless to say the room apart from being big was way below average no fan in the bathroom the bathroom door was swinging in the wind. The was a rather long black hair in the spa, we are both grey. We had a terrible time opening the cupboard to hang our clothes up the particle boards were all falling apart and in the bathroom there was rust over everything that was metal.
The one redeeming feature was the Restaurant, we were too tired to go out. The food and the staff were excellent highly recommend having a meal there but as for sleeping over, it leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed one night.

I have read the other reviews and think they are a bit severe.

It's a fairly large and spread out place with several separate 2 story buildings, so this may explain the variability of reviews. It really looks to be (very well) set up as a function centre with lots of onsite accomodation.

The room we had was spacious, quiet and everything worked ok. Plenty of onsite parking at the door. The plumbing was a bit noisy as stated in other reviews. It is close to the train line but this did not bother us. No road noise or adjacent room noise.

Resteraunt was very good. Excellent chef,faultless service from all staff.

Overall, a good place to stay on the Central Coast but could get very busy if booked out for a function.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

We stayed at this Motel before as I am a local visiting home we hadn't stayed for many years as our last experience was that it was neglected. We heard that it had had some money spent on it over the last few years but sadly it is still in need of a makeover. The rooms are clean enough and the beds are comfortable and every thing works but when you are spending not cheap amounts you do expect it to look like someone loves the place and not look up outside to see cobwebs and rotting timbers, our bath & shower combined had a mass of white silastic which was all cracked and flacking.
The decor inside is arkward with the fridge inside a cupboard and the crockery up the side of the fridge it is just outdated 70,s style.
It is an example of the owners and the landlords taking all the money out and not enough being re-spent on the upkeep and they wonder why the carpark which used to be full now only had 5 or 6 cars a night.
It could be good but is not.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

Seriously if the USA wanted a place in Australia to breakdown terrorists this place is it.

The noise from next doors aircon system which vibrates the room

The rattling from water pipes

This place look quaint but I'm sorry I won't be coming back here in a hurry

Stayed October 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

Staff were friendly but I went out and bought ear plugs for the 2nd night.
I got little sleep - the train wasn't terrible .... but very close.
The 2 different sets of people next door were awful - not because they were particularly noisy but because I felt like they were in my room !
The shower was also either boiling or cold.
Breakfast was reasonable & staff were friendly.

I will not be staying there again

Room Tip: I was billeted here twice and the "luxury" room was quieter
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Upon arrival, the receptionist gave us the impression that she was put out when we asked to check in. After checking us in, she just handed us the room key and went about her business. I had to ask where about on the premises our room was, again this seemed to be an inconvenience for her.
Our room was neat and clean with plenty of natural light. The bed was the best bed I've ever slept on. I even slept through the sound of the trains outside our room. The shower had very little pressure and the taps were extremely sensitive.
The restaurant staff were very helpful and polite. The Buffett continental breakfast was included in the price of our room which was a great way to start our day.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have been on business trips between Sydney and Gosford for the past half of the year and every single time, I choose to stay at the Quality Inn The Willows.

The staffs are really nice and friendly. They are professional and they know what customers need and they know what they are doing. I feel really comfortable as soon as I check in, and everything is prepared well for me. I have also had several conversations with the owner - Shawn, He is a really nice guy and he is aiming to provide the best to his customers. He is young and energetic.

The room I have been staying in is standard single room, I have to say the bed there is just absolutely amazing, I was worried about the bed whenever I choose a hotel or a motel, however, the bed in the Willows definitely take my concern away, it is comfortable and I slept really well.

The restaurant in the Willows is fantastic, high ceiling and very spacious, food was cooked really good, tasty! I have tried Lamb Shank, Steak, Salmon, and Barramundi, they are all cooked perfectly. I really love it.

All in one, I would not choose any other accommodation on Central Coast but the Quality Inn the Willows, if ever I have a business trip, the Willows is the choice!

Well done all staffs, you have done a great job! Well Done Shawn, keep the good work up!

Cheers,

Frank

Room Tip: Just feel free to call and ask, the staff will provide you with professional advice
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn The Willows? Share your experiences!