“Nice and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Gosford
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

After a horrible night at Bella Vista, I moved to Best Western Gosford Motor Inn. It was like a great relieft when I walked in the room at Best Western.

It is a standard motel service you get from this motel. Reception was helpful and friendly. I was given a corner room so it was on the large size. Nice and clean and comfortable room. It was a little dated but it was clean with a big flat screen TV and split system air-con.

I was there for work so I also purchased internet for a very reasonable price. The desk was large but the desk lamp (bulb) was too bright.

There is no restaurant on site, so you can grab a takeway menu from reception. There is no fancy restaurants to dine in the Gosford area, so don't expect too much. The motel provides room service breakfast, which is handy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on Christmas eve after a family dinner. The room was clean with a large TV, working air conditioning and ceiling fan. Reception was friendly and helpful. All in all a nice, comfortable place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

It's always difficult to rate Motels and Motor Inns as my expectations of them aren't very high so I allow for that. Yes, this place is a little dated, but it was Clean and Comfortable - what more do you need? Well, we actually got a balcony by the pool at the back as well - bonus! Nothing I could fault with this Motor Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Look, it is a little old and basic but it was perfect for a one night stay. The Hotel is dated, granted but it was comfortable enough. Big TV and air-con and heating worked. Not much else to say on the actual hotel.

The receptionist was great and made a long day that much easier. She also pointed out a great local Thai restaurant which once again, was great for service and food.

Only downside was that our car got egged (1 egg) and we had to clean it off in the morning. I wouldn't expect this to be common and I checked the cars around and there was no marks or anything on them. Maybe my neighbour thought the TV was too loud!

Anyway, overall, definately worth the stay for a short business trip!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days with my buddies and it was a decision that ill never regret. The new owner was very nice and was always at service to us when we needed it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It is very clean, cozy and quiet, with a conservative ambiance. I'm very glad that i chose this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Went with a few mates and we got the big room. Was VERY clean and the staff were VERY helpful and friendly. The service was great too. I read some reviews of it before and it was said to be "ok for a night" but we stayed a week and it was brilliant.

I also heard theres a new owner and it must've been a BIG change cos things were excellent! Anyway a great motel A+++ 5/5

We stayed in the guest house which was excellent, once again very clean and very good service!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Nuriootpa, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed one night. The recption staff wasnt very nice to us treated us as if we shouldnt be there. was not going to let us in before 2pm as that was the rules. The EPOS machine wasnt working and they couldnt get anyone to fix it she didnt seem to know what to do and asked us for cash. Wanted to know what we were doing for breakfast as we didnt order, I felt it was none of her business.
the room is outdated and compared with other places we stay at not good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Gosford Motor Inn? Share your experiences!