We picked up a scoopon deal for this "mystery hotel" in Gerringong- turned out to be Mercure by the sea. For only $159 you got overnight stay king deluxe balcony room, buffet breakfast, bottle of wine on arrival, $50 dining voucher and 25% off at the day spa.
I recommend booking early as with all the vouchers the weekends filled up quickly. We brought 3 vouchers for 6 girls and were given 3 rooms right next door to each other- rooms 306, 307, 308. Rooms 306& 307 were interconnecting suiting us perfectly. It seems the set up of 306 & 308 were the same with a little fridge and microwave, shower only where as 307 had a mini kitchenette and bathtub.
Service was very efficient and I'm so happy we chose to spend a whole weekend here, we basically never left from arrival Saturday lunch to Sunday check out. We had booked high tea for lunch, followed by day spa treatments plus dinner reservations - all we correct when we arrived so very much appreciated given the 3 bedrooms were made under separate bookings names and references.
I booked high tea for the 6 of us and even though they recently changed high tea to only the 1st Saturday of the month they abided to our booking made prior to the change. The price is $39 pp with sparkling wine and the tea and coffee is unlimited and self serve from the coffee machine . The restaurant decor is fresh and clean, loved how there are couches around if you didn't want to sit the table. Food was good and plentiful, we didn't finish it all so they kindly gave us a takeaway container as they knew we were staying overnight.
The day spa was able to accommodate all 6 of us at once and they even pampered my niece of 5years with a mini manicure and pedi. We had 3 couples rooms and the ladies were nice and the bathrooms with nice warm showers were lovely.
One bad point was there was no wine on arrival in either of 3 rooms. We called reception they said it should be there but if not just to simply pick up 3 complimentary bottles from the restaurant. The head of the resturant, an older lady was very blunt and obviously there had not been in communication for the reception about us coming down- I was told that there was only wine given when you dine in. Luckily I came prepared and showed her the confirmation for all 3 rooms and our deal.
No apology from the grumpy lady instead she just commented there were different deals coming through she just couldn't keep up.
So note, if you purchased your stay on a deal bring a printout with you to avoid any problems.
Happy hour was a hit ( malibu splice- yummy) $9 for cocktails and as we arrived 20mins before it ended the waitress was more than happy to take a large order from our table with a few happy hour drinks ordered each. Dinner was nice, nothing to complain about. As we had $50 credit voucher per room- they suggested we just charge the whole dinner tab to one room and upon checkout they would merge the credit vouchers for all 3 rooms totalling $150 off that bill.
Next morning, breakfast we were greeted by the same unhappy stern older lady- not how you want to start your morning! Breakfast selection was good and replenished quickly.
No problems with checkout either. I would like to thank the staff at reception who took all our bookings and ensured all that was requested was met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Gerringong, only 2 hours south of Sydney on the NSW south coast & 5 minutes from the beach. With 52 king rooms, an award winning restaurant, an indulgent day spa, 2 swimming pools, tennis court, a sun drenched garden courtyard & a kids play area... for holidays, events, conferences & weddings. Created to offer guests a personal experience... with views overlooking the hinterland, across protected wetlands & back to the sea. Enjoy the local charm of Gerringong, the Illawarra & the Shoalhaven where you’ll find golf, boutique wineries, scenic attractions, coastal walks, rainforests, recreation theme parks, kids attractions, fantastic shopping in many boutiques & the weekend markets…..so much to see & do ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Gerringong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Gerringong By The Sea Hotel Gerringong
- Bellachara Boutique Gerringong