“GREAT LOCATION, BAD MOTEL!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mediterranean Motel

Mediterranean Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent Head
Mediterranean Motel
You added Mediterranean Motel to your Saves list
35 Pacific Street, Crescent Head, New South Wales 2440, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crescent Head
Sydney, Australia
“GREAT LOCATION, BAD MOTEL!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed here for one night and the only pleasant part was when we arrived and left. We arrived early and Check in doesn't start until 3pm but the very nice cleaning lady let us in a room anyway. She was the only pleasant person to deal with there. The staff are just horrible and have a chip on their shoulder. Their was a waitress at the restaurant downstairs which adjoins with reception who just gawked at everyone in the worst way. She was very unhelpful and rude. The younger person who checked us in wasn't as bad but was still quite cold. The rooms were not great and thankfully we only had to stay one night. Really will not go back and at least I will know for next time to look for accommodation elsewhere. Staff need to learn hospitality skills as they work in the industry!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here one night each on my way to and from Byron Bay, and what a pleasant change it made from that over-done tourist trap. Crescent Head itself is a lovely, quiet, sleepy township and the motel, which you find on the main road as soon as you enter the town, made for a very pleasant stay. It's a short walk to the beach and there's a pool and spa onsite. The rooms had a nice feel without being overdone (the upstairs rooms seemed to be a little more luxurious than the downstairs ones), and at bargain prices ($90-100 per night during school holidays!). I found the rooms spacious, clean, and comfortable, and I'll definitely stay here again next time I head north. As well as motel rooms, the Mediterranean offers cabins and two houses (which sleep 6 and 8), and my son and I are already planning to book one of these over the summer holidays so he can really surf in style. There is a Thai restaurant on site, but I didn't eat there the two nights I stayed, although I would plan to next time. The most important thing to me was that I could get a peaceful night's sleep here. Only downside: reception doesn't appear to open until 3pm, so if you need anything before then, you just have to hope you run into someone around the place who works there. However, when I did ring to make a booking from the road at about midday and left my mobile number, I received a return call only a few minutes later, which I thought was great service.

• Stayed October 2010
nsw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I have just spent a few days here, and found the staff friendly, easy going, which made it a pleasent stay.
Room keep clean, and just a short walk to the beach.
Found out that the motel is under new management and easy going.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Mediterranean Motel? Share your experiences!