“You must visit the spillway!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Attractions in Jamestown
Type: State Parks, Outdoors
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“You must visit the spillway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

As a child my grandparents took me to feed the fish and ducks. I had to take my kids and show them. It's cool to see the ducks walking on the fish, there are so many fish. It is a strange but incredible sight. Make sure you bring bread to feed them!

Magnolia, Delaware, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Linesville Recreation Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here on a Thursday night. Not many people there and we got a spot right on the lake. The people who were there all had boats and many were fishing around the shore. There was an enclosed, screened, fish cleaning house. I'm guessing on the weekend this place would be full. It was very peaceful and quiet, and we watched the birds and the boats out in the water. It had been raining off and on so the clouds hid the sun. Otherwise, I believe it would be very beautiful there to watch the sunset/rise over the lake.
Since we are from out of state, and it was not a weekend, we paid $27.00 for one night, electric, dump fee was $9.00 more (they also have a separate pet fee charge). Bathhouse was very clean, and camp host was there if you needed anything. We did see the ranger go by.

Visited August 2013
Mansfield, PA
8 attraction reviews
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I camped here in July for a long weekend. We were tent camping in Jamestown. The lake it self is beautiful and perfect for kayaking which is why we were there. The swimming beach was nice and the camp store was convenient. The campsite was poorly defined and your neighbors are very close. I have to disagree with some of the other posters regarding the bathrooms, they were not clean and were in a perpetual state of wet! The PA state park system spent a lot of money on restroom upgrades a few years back, it appears this park was left out. There was little ranger presence on Friday night and you could tell. There was a lot of arguing, swearing, cars screaming away until all hours. The rest of the weekend we saw more rangers and things were a little quieter. We probably won't go back. A smaller campground, further away from large population centers is more our speed.

Freeport, Pennsylvania, United States
10 attraction reviews
“camped at Jamestown for over 50 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Four generations have camped here. This past year over the fourth we had three generations. The park is very clean, clean restrooms, helpful camp hosts, and ranger Dan is very friendly.Don't hesitate to bring your family and have a great time. Their Halloween event the first two weekends of October is fantastic.

Monroeville, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and clean state park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and me came up to Pymatuning State Park July 5 to the 7th. We meet two of are family members up here. We camped here in a tent at the Jamestown camp site. The camp sites are very clean and well maintained. Even the bathroom were very clean. Cleanest I seen in a park with campsites.So campsites alloud dogs, some you can get electric or water also.The lake is beautiful, the beach was nice. Water was clean and nice to swim in. There was even a little camp store. It was small but had a lot of different stuff you could need. Plus had a couple of gift shop items with Pymatuning State Park in it like tee shirts. It did only accept cash though. There was a lot to do here. Like fishing, boating, hiking, swimming, hunting, and sightseeing. It was nice to just sit back and relax in your camp site though. The only main compliant was that the campsites were very close together. So you didn't have much room and it got loud sometimes. Overall though I loved it here and would like to come back.