“Less than average” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wollongong, Australia
“Less than average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Nice atmosphere but being second time here, thought our first experience may have been just a one off. Not so.Food is so below average. Given a menu only to be told the specials were for the day before.
Having the coleslaw left on every single plate is an indication that no one enjoys it.
Chips cold and soggy. Pies dry . Potato mash lumpy and cold. And price didn't match quality.
Such a shame as the staff are very helpful and could be such a nice venue to relax.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Wollongong, Australia
“Birthday party ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

So I planned a surprise party for my partner for his 45th birthday. We organised all his friends to be there.. We ordered a 5 hr drinks package with the rest of the package.. Everyone was having a great nite. Till the end of the evening. When @11pm they shut the bar down without warning. Which was a shock because I paid till midnight. Than the bouncers came in just after midnight and treated my guest like they were comman thugs. And started pushing them around and became belligerent.. When I bought this to the attention of the management of the inn they told me that there staff were correct In the way that they handled the situation.. And that I didn't have a case against them.. They were unwilling to even investigate. So as a result I'm obliged to tell everyone that if you plan an event with a company as the Camden valley inn or the like. That you make sure you get all the facts in writing. And that if you feel like you didn't get what you paid for that you fight for what is right. And that you advise people of your experiences... I never want what happened to myself and my family and friends to happen to anyone else.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

It was a very hot and sunny day when we arrived for lunch at the Camden Valley Inn and also we did not have a reservation. The beer garden was crowded and all the tables offering any shade were occupied but inside the Inn we were pleased to find a few vacant places. A notice indicated that the kitchen would close for about one hour in 15 minutes time so we had to 'get a wriggle on' and get our 5 meals ordered. This we did and despite the very busy restaurant our meals were announced ready via the pulser within 15 minutes. All the food was very good especially the Tempura Fish & Chips. The usual wines were available together with a couple of interesting draft beers. The '150 Lashes' pale ale was particularly acceptable as was our designated driver's diet coke! It was well worth the ride out and we will certainly revisit before our return to the UK in January.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Average food, pleasant atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

A nice relaxing atmosphere filled with (mostly) pleasant wait-staff. If you were after a relaxing setting for a few drinks I couldn't find fault. We visited for lunch on a Sunday however, and the food was slightly disappointing considering the price. The menu consisted of salads, steaks and fried chicken and the prices were $18+. The steak that was ordered at our table was charred black on the outside and red in the middle and I couldn't recommend it. The other meals were perfectly edible but nothing special. This place has so much potential and could be very special if the food were to improve. Other reviews seem to echo this sentiment so I can only hope that management pays attention and some effort is put into this area.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Gotten alot better since October 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Was a semi regular at CVI on a Sunday afternoon, and the kitchen service was getting worse so we stopped going. Took a punt mid October, and wow. Huge turn around, food out almost before we got back to our seat. Very impressed with the turn around, well done CVI!

Visited November 2013