“Best pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Italian, Pizza, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Simple, honest, real food made with love - Authentic italian artisan pizza, delicious house made salads, pasta and desserts. + Superb organic coffee Here at Il Buco we work really hard to source only the best ingredients. It is our philosophy to try & stay as local and as seasonal as possible with our produce. We want to support our local farmers & businesses. So our ham is from Bangalow Sweet Pork, our salami is from the boys at Salumi, our fresh fruit & vegetables are mostly sourced from local farmers & where we need to use imported produce we try to support local distributors to cut down on our fuel emissions! So please enjoy your food knowing that we have made every effort to source the best & most yummy local ingredients that are in season!
“Best pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This pizza really compares favourably with the pizza you get in Rome or sicily. The base thin and crispy with delicious fresh buffalo mozzarella

A must in byron bay

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The service was excellent and the good was fantastic - absolutely amazing pizza - highly recommended - forza Milano! You must visit if you are staying in Byron bay!

Hobart, Australia
“What a Hoot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband didn't believe me that the restaurant was rated no 1 on TA. That was until he tasted the pizza!!! Forget fancy restaurants images. This is an honest, humble pizzeria with uncomfortable seats. It's set alongside a group of other small restaurants in a lane. The waiters were fun but still professional. We had the 4 cheeses with proscuitto on top, makes me smile just thinking about it! If you love a thin based traditional pizza, II Buco is for you. Oh! it's BYO but there's a really good bottle store on the opposite corner.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Umina Beach, Australia
“Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Went in in my own on my first visit and first meal at Byron and I picked a winner. Had the Il Buco Calzone, it was amazing. The staff were friendly and attentive and it was very busy. Would defiantly recommend! Big meal and well priced.

“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

What an amazing little restaurant! I highly highly recommend everyone to visit this place whilst in Byron. I am a pizza lover from way back and extremely fussy. This place did not fail to please. I couldn't say a single bad thing, we ordered the pepperoni pizza (all time favourite) and I was in heaven! This is the best pizza I have had in my entire life including throughout Europe. The Tiramisu is to die for as well! Such a lovely atmosphere and very quick service considering how busy it was. The staff are just beautiful as well, to top it all off. An all round perfect dining experience! Thank you Ill Bucco!!!