“Disappointing dinner” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 139 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Australian
“Disappointing dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Selected the Junction with high hopes after reading tripadviser. However had a horrible dining experience at this restaurant. With a main menu of three meals, one of which was unavailable unless we wanted to wait 8 hours, so we were promised a well done Sirloin steak with a side stack of vegetables. We were delivered underdone strips of steak with no vegetables. We were told the side of vegetables were coming but finished the meal before they even looked like showing. The ambience of this restaurant is pleasant, set with a casual tone, unfortunately the staff and chef take their responsibilities too casually as well.

Visited April 2013

Buddina, Australia
“Disappointing!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Have just had to walk out after asking for the money back on my husband's meal. My steak arrived with an offhanded comment from the waiter/barman about the fact that the kitchen hadn't received my husband's ravioli meal order. When questioned if it would be long (I was hoping we could eat together) I was informed the pasta was fresh daily and it wouldnt be long..?? 15 minutes after I had finished eating, we walked out. I'm sorry, we won't be recommending your restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“great atmosphere and yummy food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The vibe of this place is very cool and relaxed with lounges and rustic decor. We dined here with a group of friends for dinner and the food was awesome as was the service and the live music! A friend had the chilli and coconut margarita and said it was sensational - definitely worth a try.

Visited March 2013
“Best café/restaurant in Byron Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend visited The Junction 4 times while we stayed in Byron Bay. The atmosphere is great - so is the food, which by the way is reasonable priced. The staff is very kind - attentive and serviceminded. Can defenitly recommend this place to anyone going to Byron Bay. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Byron Bay, Australia
“Friendly staff, good food, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

As a local, I miss the days when this joint was 'Dish'. It had a dodgy incarnation as 'The Owl & Puppycat' (which wasn't what it was called, but TripAdvisor won't accept profanity), but now, after a slow start, it's working again.
The space itself has great bones. A nicely designed interior and deck seating to suit your mood. I come here solo sometimes, quite contently. Live, unobtrusive music happens here too.
The menu is new. Good-looking, varied share plates. The sirloin with mushroom, jus and pumpkin was expertly cooked and surprisingly priced. I couldn't prepare it myself for $15! Nice wine list, too.
These guys deserve to succeed here. Good luck to them.