“Byron views fine dine with the romantic atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 139 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Fig Tree Restaurant, our aim is simple: to provide the best dining experience possible. This is achieved through sourcing the freshest local, seasonal and home grown produce available. From these ingredients we create modern and innovative food inspired from overseas travels and our upbringing on The Fig Tree property. Our food is prepared with the utmost care and attention, cooked with love and precision and presented beautifully. We bring this all to you in a stunning environment and a relaxed manner.
“Byron views fine dine with the romantic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

If you wish to soak the Byron vibe with great atmosphere at one of Byron's best views and first class dine cooked fresh by the owner and head chef Che.
Nice hospitality, blending in with the original farm hose venue .
All shabby antique furnish it make you feel home.
A must try experience!
recommended to call for booking first .

Visited May 2014

“Fantastic Venue for a Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My daughter and her fiance arranged their wedding at the Fig Tree. The venue is stunning, the food amazing and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.
With guests travelling from overseas there were plenty of different tastes to cater for and these guys went out of their way to make the day everything the Bride and Groom had been dreaming of.
We stayed a couple of nights at one of the houses (Sunset House) very clean, comfortable and well equipped and as with the restaurant there were stunning views of the Byron Bay coastline along with beautiful aromas from their very own veggie and herb garden. Would thoroughly recommend a visit.

figtreebyronbay, Manager at Fig Tree Restaurant, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you Steffy! We're delighted that we could meet & exceed your expectations for your daughter's wedding day. We're honored that people choose to spend the most special day of their lives with us, so we do everything we can to make it the best day possible.

Thanks again and please visit us at the restaurant soon!
Byron Bay, Australia
“Divine Sunday Lunch - Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My partner and I arrived at the Fig Tree Restaurant today to be greeted by a staff member in the car park and shown a shady park under a tree. The car door was opened for me and then a hand extended to help me out. We were shown to the front door and introduced to a waitress who presented us a table with amazing views over the valley, out to the Byron Lighthouse and beyond.
The 100 mile lunch menu (which is specially created for the day) gave us an interesting range of tasting plates from vegetarian options, snapper, pork belly, beef, rabbit, with freshly baked bread and local olives to start and dessert to finish. It feels good to know that all the produce is sourced within in 100 miles of the restaurant. We were asked if we had any dietary requirements and these were catered for - no problem at all.

There were 4 courses in all and even though they were tasting plates, both my partner and I were sufficiently full even before dessert had been presented. We took a stroll around the vegetable garden and enjoyed a seat under the grandeur of the Fig Tree taking some peaceful time out before our final indulgence - dessert.
The food was divine, beautifully presented, the staff friendly and professional, the spacing between the courses were immaculate allowing us time to wine and dine, talk, hold hands, enjoy our time together and adore the beauty of the grounds.
We got dressed up, but this is not necessary, the Fig Tree offers a smart casual dress code from what I could see.

My tip: Don't plan anything to do after lunch, because you wont want to leave. Take your time, enjoy the peace and the beauty of the Fig Tree Restaurant and definitely don't have morning tea. Oh and be sure to make a reservation (check out their website for the 100 mile Lunch dates)

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Carla,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I remember yourself and your partner - I believe I helped you out of your car (:

I'm very happy to hear you had such a memorable experience with us. The Sunday 100 Mile lunches are our favorite as it's a great opportunity to savour the food, the garden and the view. The idea is to relax, take your time and enjoy the whole afternoon - which it sounds like you did! Hope to see you again soon!
Byron Bay, Australia
“Taste sensation !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have been here for both relaxed dinners and weddings and this place never disappoints. We started off with drinks by the pool watching the sun set over Byron. We moved inside and had a great view from our window seat. I decided on the 4 course Farmers Market menu- so many great little morsels to choose from! The standout for me was Confit Byron whiting, spring onion, parsnip crisp, dill crumb, sorrel veloute. My mouth is watering just typing it ! Every dish was a taste sensation. Staff are very welcoming and friendly, service was outstanding making it a wonderful night out.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Deleece,

Very happy to hear you had a such a great night with us! So glad you were able to take in the sunset before sitting down for dinner - nothing better. Look forward to having you back!
Sydney, Australia
“Just beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here for my birthday last weekend. We had a table right at the window. The outlook is stunning. We took the opportunity to wonder the gardens and take in the atmosphere. The food was wonderful although I felt the options were very restricted as I'm vegetarian. The quality of everything is fabulous. Service was great. I would love to come back here next time I'm in Byron.

• Visited December 2013