“Fabulous Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 49 Activities in Byron Bay
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf in The Best waves in Byron Bay with the best Surfing School. A Family owned & Locally operated surf school.. Ahwooooooooo
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My twenty year old French step son and I took a lesson at Byron Bay Surf School. At 46 I was a little fearful of being part of the young, hip crowd but Gazza made me feel right at home. For two hours he and his assistant stood in the water advising and encouraging until everyone in the group was able to stand up and catch a wave. Such patience and enthusiasm left me in awe of their pedagogy. I will be going back for more lessons and will be recommending it to all our visitors from the South as it was safe, professional and really good fun!

Visited August 2013

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“I was told I would stand up and surf into the shore in one lesson ??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am 43 and always wanted to surf. I was in Byron Bay for 4 days and recommended to go to Style Surf School. Gazza did not disappoint. In one lesson with his tough love and 25 years experience he had me standing up off the green part of the wave (this is before it breaks) and surfing to the shore. Gazza is passionate about what he does and he also throws in some wonderful Australian sayings. In his words I was rocking and rolling as I rode the wave into the shore and at the end it was Happy Days. He has inspired me to continue with my surfing. I highly recommend him if you want to learn how to surf and rock and roll to the shore. In Gazza’s words I am totally stoked.

Visited July 2013
ENGLAND
3 attraction reviews
“Great fun and child friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Style surfing was recommended to us by a friend who convinced us to go and to take our kids (aged 6 and 8) along. I was hesitant, thinking it would be geared more towards backpackers (who would be younger than us and less keen on our kids in tow), but I am so glad we did it!

The instructor was friendly, encouraging, and surprisingly attentive - despite pushing several students on to waves, he always seemed to remember how every ones last wave had gone and recommended how to do it better next time.

Our kids went out with a separate teacher and loved it, they both stood in their first lesson, had a great time and can't wait to go back.

Boards and wetsuits were supplied, they had a good selection and also kids sizes which was great. We're lucky to live within easy driving distance and will return soon.

Visited May 2013
“Style Surfing School is the bomb.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The teachers are super rad, friendly and will get you up and surfing in no time! I went back for three lessons, and it was amazing! They will supply you with everything you need, just show up and you will have a blast! Whoop whoop- do it.

Biarritz, France
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing fun and loads of waves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was picked up by Gaz at Style surfing along with other guests and he took us to a quiet part of the beach with perfect small waves, we all had our rash vests provided and wetsuits for those who wanted them, we did some stretches before Gaz gave us a great lesson on the beach on how to surf, read the waves, paddle and stand up.
Him and the other instructor took great care of us and helped us catch soo many waves. By the end I couldnt wait to go again so booked another lesson for the next day, which was a great follow up and I got to try different boards that were smaller.
All in all I loved every minute of it. If you want to have a surf lesson and meet a legend of Byron Bay then definitely go with Gaz and his team, they make it great fun and easy than you could imagine. Happy Days all the way. Thanks Gaz for getting me stoked on Surfing.