“WORST SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 139 Restaurants in Byron Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: THAI LUCY - SPICY AND SAUCY!! Delicious authentic Thai cuisine made with love by our expert Thai chefs. All our entrees, sauces, curries and main meals are made fresh from scratch daily using traditional thai methods, recipes and flavours. Gluten free, vegan and vegetarian options available. BYO and Take-Away.
Newcastle, Australia
“WORST SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are regulars to Byron and will never go back. Everyones meal came out together except for my son, who ate alone eventually. When I paid I was very rudely asked if I was expecting change. This treatment was by the owner, she was rude and intimidating. Plenty of other better restaurants to eat in this town.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MARK R, Owner at Thai Lucy, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear janeo408
I have just read your review and I'm saddened deeply that you have been intimidated and treated rudely by a particular long term staff member( not the owner) of mine and that her behaviour has caused you to title your review "WORST SERVICE".
I would like to take the opportunity to invite you and your table back for a complimentary meal whilst I'm present in the restaurant. If you would like to accept my offer please contact me thailucybyronbay@hotmail.com

Mark

Melbourne, Australia
“great little laneway location, average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I really like the el-fresco vibe in this little laneway of eating joints but for a number of reasons the quality of this place was pretty average. Very busy but average. The Laksa is good, but service and especially timing of the food coming onto the table was below par. Our dining companion had almost finished his meal before the rest of us began to receive our meals (about 15/20mins) and there's no excuse for a professional dining establishment to come out and tell us that they have run out of a 'special after they have served everyone else on our tables but that they could prepare something else in another ten minutes' making it over 45 minutes. For their misdeeds they did remove the holiday corkage surcharge which considering how much we drank to cope with the farcial food adventure did go a small way towards improving our attitude.

Visited March 2013
“Disgraceful, avoid like the plague!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Food very poor. Service even worse. After we ate we had the bill then change bought back, when owner stood there staring at us. She eventually very rudely said "I have people waiting". We had to poor our half finished glasses of wine back into the bottle and leave. So appalled, never been so disgusted by such rudeness!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Thai Food! Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The place is very easy and laid back. But the food is simply delicious! We had the jungle curry which was one of the best I ever had. It's like eating home made Thai food and also the presentation is very simple. Definitely I will go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Despite being recommended this turned out to be a dining experience far from what we expected.
Rice had to be returned due to its glugginess. Slow table service and food far below average.
We won't be back!