“Dive to Julian Rocks Marine park” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Sundive Byron Bay Located just 2.5 Kilometres from Byron Bay, one of Australia's most popular travel destinations, Julian Rocks Marine Park is rated as one of the top five scuba diving locations in Australia. The mixing of tropical warm currents with cooler temperate waters makes the diving near Byron Bay unique.Due to its amazing diversity and abundance of fish life with over 1000 recorded species of tropical, temperate and pelagic fish, Julian Rocks has earned a reputation as being one of the most prolific fish dives in the world. Whales, Dolphins, Manta Rays, Leopard Sharks, the endangered Grey Nurse Shark and three species of Turtle are all common visitors to Julian Rocks. All the action is just 10 minutes from Byron Bay's main beach!Sundive is Byron Bay's only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre. Since it was established in 1988, Sundive has earned numerous PADI service awards and is internationally recognised as a centre of excellence in diver training. Training ranges from introductory dives and beginner dive courses through to instructor certifications. So if you are looking to dive Byron Bay, Sundive should be your first port of call. The friendly and professional service you'll receive at Sundive ensures that you will get the most out of your scuba diving experience.
Newcastle, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Dive to Julian Rocks Marine park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Friendly and competent dive service. well guided or If you show your experience you can do you own thing.

Visited May 2014

toowoomba
9 attraction reviews
“Awesome spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Julian rocks is amazing and the stuff you see is incredible. Also visibility is constantly great. I did the resort dive, They start you in a pool and the training is good.

Out in the water it was great, the only problem is they give you 200bar in the tanks, some little female European backpacker with small lungs gets a lot further out of this than me a 90 odd kg male with bigger lungs to fill. For the price I was only under water for about half an hour. Still it was pretty worth while! I would go back an day.

Thanks again

Visited April 2014
brisbane, australia
8 attraction reviews
“Fantastic dive and great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The dive exceeded my expectations. We saw 30+ leopard sharks, 3 manta rays and 2 green turtles. The equipment was in good condition however my boyfriends first regulator was broken (easily replaced thanks to thorough gear checks). Alistair the dive master was lovely and let me take control of the dive as it was just the two of us. The reason it was just the two of us was because my boyfriend had some breathing problems and was anxious to dive so he stayed on the boat. I wish they had offered me to take his dive however we didn't think about it as I was more concerned for his health and just wanted to go home and rest when we got back to shore.

Visited April 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
“Hidden Jewel of Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I expected my dive in Byron Bay to be mediocre at best, but Julian Rocks turned out to be a fantastic dive. We got lucky with dozens of leopard sharks and spotted rays, and it was just a lovely all around dive. I wish I'd had more time! Good equipment, easy transfers to/from the dive site, and a good price for the area.

Visited February 2014
kingston
“5 star for sure!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I recently was able to dive @ Sundive and can absolutely say Sundive is a top notch dive shop! I have been lucky enough to dive in places such as Malaysia, Thailand, Costa Rica , Mexico and now Australia. Byron Bay Sundive ranks at the top of any dive shop I have dove with.

The staff at Sundive were friendly, professional and seemed very safety conscious. Dive masters took the time to get to know each diver, and their boat captains were pleasant, funny, and had a great deal of knowledge about the bay. It was evident all staff greatly cared about the dive safety and enjoyment of their customers.

Julian Rocks is also well worth a visit. Saw heaps of Leopard sharks, eagle rays, some turtles, and many varieties of fish. The rock formations underwater and cracks to swim through are also a highlight alone.

Thanks Sundive! Shout out to Rob, great dive master!