“Fluffy Falafels” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Phuket, Thailand
“Fluffy Falafels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

One our party had already tried this restaurant, and as we were looking for it, we found the free falafel give-aways on the corner. The rest of us were sold! 4 of us shared the large mixed platter. It was a delicious mix of tabouleh (wish there was more), pickles, olives, 2 types of cabbage (wish there was less), baba ganoush (lovely smokey flavour), tomato salsa (had a nice spice to it for me but not my companions (more for me!)), a lake of tahini (delicious but a bit runny), a "bowl" of hummus (AWESOME!) and 8-10 the fluffiest VERY tasty falefels I've ever had! It came with a decent number of pitas (we all thought they were light, not bready).

The staff were super friendly, efficient and the food arrived in a timely manner.

My only complaint is the prices. I checked out the entire menu and I thought it was all quite expensive for this type of food. Our meal came with a free carafe of our choice of lemonade, but that probably wouldn't be enough to offset the prices on the menu.

Don't expect much in the way of decor or location, but if you want fluffy falafels, delicious dips and light pitas, this is a good (albiet pricey) stop to make to eat in Byron Bay.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Flavour & Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This place is well known for its felafel - and rightly so, it's delicious.

My wife thoroughly enjoyed her mezze plate of felafel (I may have snuck a piece), while I opted for a schnitzel pita, filled with perfectly cooked chicken, hummus, fresh cucumber, tomato and a light yoghurt sauce. Really enjoyable.

Their home made lemonade with mint leaves is very refreshing, too

Sydney, Australia
“Great for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Lovely to get a Falafel (pocket or half pocket) mid afternoon after a "tough" day on the beach. Good value for money and great authentic tastes.

Northern Rivers
“Mmmmmmmmm Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great food, a wide choice of Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and North African offerings, Good Value, Obviously very popular, yet the food ordered came quickly.
Seating is a bit tight.

Visited January 2014
melbourne
“favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

this is my favourite food place in byron-excellent hot chips-covers in zaata flavouring.
felafel fresh and tasty with great salads.
friendly and quick service
highly recommend
love the girls giving out the free samples on the main road-makes you salivate for more

Visited January 2014