“A New Favourite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Janeks Cafe

Janeks Cafe
4/14 Wingecarribee Street | Corbett Plaza, Bowral, New South Wales 2576, Australia
02 4861 4414
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 69 Restaurants in Bowral
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to Janeks Cafe, situated in the hub of Bowral's shopping district amongst the trees of Corbett Plaza. We offer an award winning menu from breakfast/lunch or even a cheese plate with wine.Janeks has been established since 1989 and is regarded by many as their favourite place to dine!
“A New Favourite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been impressed with the service and delicious menu at Janeks on each visit!

I regularly enjoy a Campos coffee and satisfying, fresh brekkie.

Great service, always smiling and very attentive...

My mornings aren't the same without a visit to Janeks

Highly recommended!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Vegetarian dish a winner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Came here for coffee and breakfast! It was quite busy. Ordered the Vegetarian dish which was superb with so much flavour! For the Vegos order this dish. The Campos coffee was great. Lovely customer service will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Scones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First visited for brunch where my husband and I enjoyed scones and drinks.

The coffee was excellent, smoothie nice but appeared to be made on ice, but the best part of the light meal was the scones. They were sensational and reminded me of the kind Nanna used to make. No bready taste like a lot of the ones you get now a days, but real fluffy, light tasty scones with butter and what I think was a home made jam. If it wasn't home made it is certainly of a high quality.

Visited the following weekend to experience the scones again and was told they didn't have any. Disappointed but still enjoyed our coffees.

Next time we visit think we will try something a little more substantial as all meals looked fantastic - that's if I can drag myself away from the scones.......

Visited August 2013
Sydney
“Killing Campos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have visited Janeks twice. The first time the coffee was average but more recently my wife and I grabbed a couple of take away cappuccinos whilst on a weekend visit to Bowral, they were undrinkable. At nearly $5 a coffee, and with great beans you'd think a decent coffee would be assured. Try elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“25 minutes wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Saturday morning 8.30 ordered 2 flats whites and 2 English breakfasts. Coffees arrive promptly, and then we are told there are no beans today, no problems haloumi is substituted. As the cafe fills up we seemed to wait for an inordinate amount of time for our meals. 25 minutes later our meals arrive, with a perfunctory sorry for the delay, then a minute or so later the later the English muffin arrived, my biggest gripe? $20 for breakfast and half a muffin? Come on.

Go elsewhere for breakfast.

Visited July 2013