“Wonderful, relaxing holiday - recommend & will be definately coming back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gibraltar Hotel Bowral

Save Saved
You added Gibraltar Hotel Bowral to your Saves list
Gibraltar Hotel Bowral
Centennial Rd & Boronia St, Bowral, New South Wales 2576, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Bowral
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Wonderful, relaxing holiday - recommend & will be definately coming back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

From the moment I walked through the doors I was impressed by the welcome by reception and the ambience of the hotel. My room has to have been one of the largest I have stayed at, not to mention the fantastic bathroom and the comfiest bed I have slept in! I decided to attend yoga which was a great way of starting off my dayand spoilt myself at the day spa which was one of the best I have been too. I also made the most of the gym and pool whilst I was there and the majority of the time I had all to myself. The breakfast had the best choice of any hotel I have stayed at and were an ideal start to the day. It catered for everyone's needs. I am already planning my next trip there - the sooner the better! Many thanks to all the staff there and my wonderful yoga teacher for making my stay so memorable and relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view room if available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Truly impressed by everything, from checking in to customer service and the venue all the way to the check out. Thank you for a wonderful 3 days :-)

Firstly I booked over the phone and I was pleased with the service I received during booking. At the check in I really felt they went out of their way to accommodate the need. Atmosphere at the bar and the restaurant and throughout the whole complex is very serene and calm. Room and bathroom are spaceous and clean. Selection of wine decent and food was tastie.
Overall good experience and if I am back in the region I will stay at The Gib again.

• Stayed February 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Was at the hotel for a wedding over this past weekend and I can say that this was a very surprising experience.

I wasn't expecting a lot, but I found the bedrooms to be large in size and the beds extremely comfortable. Pillows were fantastic. Our room (103) had a small patio/balcony as it was on the ground floor.

We ordered room service which was also great quality. The crab linguine was interesting in flavour but well made - the John Dory fish and chips was fantastic! The house Pinot Noir was stunning. Top marks.

The bar had live music and was open until 2am. We had a great time celebrating with old and new friends - can't wait to come back to this property for a longer stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok I read through a lot of the reviews on Tripadvisor and I wasnt sure what to expect. I travel quite a bit with work so I have been to many hotels all over the world, generally of a high rating. Our trip to Bowral was to catch up with friends there. We only stayed one night but we had a terrific time.

The friends we were visiting in Bowral told us that the Gibraltar was created by a local and is a family run business. This is perhaps why it doesn't feel like your average impersonal hotel. There are little touches that only a boutique hotel could offer. Of course this means that there are some small flaws and quirks that you probably wouldn't expect to find in a large hotel chain either but for me these were little nuances that made me feel at home rather than inconvenienced.

I took everyone's advice on tripadvisor and asked for a room that was facing the golf course and not the car park. While it did make a difference to the outlook, I don't think I would have been overly disappointed if I had a room facing the car park as the room itself was very comfortable: high ceilings, comfortable bed, lux decor. I like the drama created by the dark swirly carpet, the mood music and the touches of bling in the decor throughout. It makes you feel like your in a resort in Thailand. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I found the checkin process an easy experience and couldn't help but wonder if they had been reading the reviews on this site.

We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was also a wonderful experience: great wines and delicious food. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

From the moment we walked into the lobby, we felt very relaxed. We were able to get checked in early (11:30am-12 noon) and we received a free upgrade to a family room for one of the rooms we reserved. Rooms were clean & modern. The blockout curtains are very heavy to slide over and is just one big curtain. Not two that you would normally part in the middle. No big deal but thought i would mention it. We all experienced a wonderful Kodo massage at the day spa. Was lovely.
After the massage, we went down to Harvey's Bar to enjoy a late lunch and a glass of champagne. (Was included in the groupon deal with the massage) I had the linguine with salmon in cream sauce. Was delicious and very filling. Afterwards, we had a swim in the indoor pool. Can get crowded with 6 or more people at once. Once rested and batteries charged with cappuccino's sent to our room we returned to Harvey's Bar for dinner. Service was great! Cocktails were delicious. We decided to order a bunch of different items from the tapas menu as we had a late lunch. We ordered 2 chocolate mouses for dessert. Highly recommended! The next morning we had a delicious buffet breakfast. Just loved the Nespresso cappuccino at the press of a button. Perfect!
The only fault was the carpet in the rooms and hallways. They had not been vacuumed in a few days. Other than that, our stay was wonderful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Discovered this place as a result of radio advertising and decided to give it a go.
Warmly welcomed and speedily checked in.
The room, while dark (to keep the western facing heat out) was very well appointed and very comfortable. Opened the balcony door after sunset and opened the curtains and the room developed a totally different feel. Spent a very comfortable night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Gibraltar Hotel is a great getaway for every occasion. Unfortunately the price for the accommodation does not match the location, if it was located in the Sydney CBD then I would be happy to pay the rates, however with the extras we received; free wifi, food vouchers, free in room movies, day spa voucher. the cost can be made up.

Gibraltar is a great place to visit and under two hours out of Sydney.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Gibraltar Hotel Bowral? Share your experiences!