“Coffee hygiene concerns” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Sydney
“Coffee hygiene concerns”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The lunch was ruined by seeing 3 coffee's , sitting for many minutes on the counter, with a customer with a runny nose, leaning over the top of the soon to be served cups. I was hopping these coffee's where not for us, but no such luck. I did not drink mine.

It was a pity, as the meal of fish was very good. I hope the owners read this and re-vamp their coffee service system along with this health issues soon.

My tip is to not go there if they are busy.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Very average bakery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Closed on Monday and Tuesday as you do in a tourist town in Australia. No bread at their other bakery either at 2pm! So we stupidly visited on a Thursday at 10am. No surprises, no bread left!!! Visited their other bakery and luckily they had 3 loaves left. And business's wonder why they struggle.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Thank the good food guide, we found it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

First we were seated on a table with another couple which didn't bother us to much but we moved once a 2 top became free. We had the ale braised beef cheek with oxtail and couldn't fault anything apart from being unable to cut my parsnips ( you need to cut the cores out cheffys). We left with a pear and choc Genache tart and have plans to return for dinner soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A must in your Berry visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Great news, they have just opened a take away shop on Queen st so if you only want take away coffees, bread or cakes, go there to avoid queueing. Alternatively if you want to enjoy a great dining experience, lovely service, cosy and warm atmosphere, do go to their original restaurant on Alexandra st. Can only highly recommend this foodie place... Would be ashame to go to Berry and miss out on the Sourdough bakery... Best pick - olive bread to accompany starters at home! Enjoy.

NSW
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here and it was really good. Entrees - I had chicken terrine and my husband had salmon. Main meals - I had veal cutlet with a pea puree, mint, carrots, peas and feta and hubby had duck. For dessert I had chocolate mousse and hubby had a lovely passionfruit parfait with fresh strawberries. The servings were of a good size, and the service was friendly. We didn't feel rushed and the restaurant had a lovely ambience - lots of tea light candles and dimmed lighting! I have to say we were pleasantly surprised and would have no hesitation in going back again.

Visited September 2012