“Another bad experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Berry Hotel

Berry Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berry
Berry Hotel
You added Berry Hotel to your Saves list
120 Queen Street, Berry, Shoalhaven, New South Wales 2535, Australia   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Berry B&B and Inns
“Another bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel some years back & the accommodation was appalling. The sheets looked to be the originals from the 19th century, yuck. My daughter refused to sleep in her bed because it was " yucky" Vowed never to go there again.
I visit Berry on a regular basis but luckily I have family there to stay with. But I decided to go to the hotel for a drink with my sister. Well what a very rude man was behind the bar. I asked for two shandies & before I had the opportunity to ask for midis he had poured two schooners. When I questioned him on it he basically told me bad luck that's what you are getting. I will never visit this hotel again. Plenty of other places in Berry to get a drink & a feed. BTW the food is awful there as well.

Room Tip: My tip is to not go there in the first place.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wollongong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wish I had read these reviews before going. This was the last place with a room in town so it was a bit of a desperate booking. Keep your $100 and save yourself the nasty experience. This place is dirty, rundown, the pits. The furniture looks like it was sourced from the dump. The beds are old and the bedding is suspicious. A fan that is black with dust sits besides the bed. The light in the dirty old toilet don't work. Going to the "shared bathrooms" in the middle of the night felt very unsafe. I can excuse a "pub" for being noisy but with a so called "Octoberfest" selling beer by the bucket to people who are rolling drunk by 7:00 p.m. this joint is a serious DIVE! Gave the included breakfast a big miss. YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Having had good experiences in staying in country pubs I was dismayed to have organised accommodation here for me & 3 of my girlfriends. It was appalling. Having been told over the phone it was basic accomm I didn't mind but I didn't expect a sagging bunk bed, toilets on a different level to where we were, ripped vinyl chairs to sit on and a complete overcharge on accomm vs what the website quoted and also what I was quoted by Steve on the phone when I booked. The manager was unbelievably rude & defensive and would not enter into any discussion as to why the website is inaccurate. He just bludgeoned us into paying by repeating "$75 each, $75 each, $75 each". Since when do you pay per person for a ROOM when a room price for 3 is quoted at $175-that is a $50 overcharge in our book. 3 of us slept in a queen bed, and a set of bunk beds and our girlfriend in the room next door had a queen bed to herself for $75. DOES NOT make sense at all. We would better booking a room EACH and I wouldn't have ended up worrying all night I was going to fall through my sagging mattress onto my girlfriend below.
The lightglobe in our room didn't work so I ended up changing it myself when the lady didn't want to get up on the bed to change it. To date, we are still waiting for the light globes in the shared toilets to be changed as they don't work either. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone and so wished I thought to look at Trip Advisor first-will never make that mistake again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

With rooms and bathrooms in such a condition, the Berry Hotel shouldn't be offering accommodation for any price let alone what they charged us. Peeling paint, cracked vinyl chairs, bare light bulbs, sagging beds, distant bathrooms with stained basins and broken tiles. And they failed to tell us they were doing Oktoberfest with loud kareoke no less. No wonder the management is rude and defensive.

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have had some reasonable meals here over the years but today's lunch was the pits! The chicken soup for $10 was straight out of a can with some old chopped chicken, the sushi rolls were tough and almost inedible (we're hoping that we're not ill later!) and the fish cakes were rubbery and tasteless. On a freezing, rainy day there was one pitiful log of wood on the fire. To top off the bad experience, the toilet facilities smell and are not clean.
This used to be a good place to take guests visiting Berry, but never again! They need to lift their game if they want customers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Where do I start...terrible all round. The "family room" was very old and dirty and located directly above the bar. Horrible karaoke all night until close, followed by loud obnoxious drunks leaving the premises then trucks ripping through the town until sunrise. Checked out early as there was no way we could spend another night there. Do yourself a favour...do not stay here!

• Stayed May 2013
sydney, australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

For $100 a night with a shared bathroom but included breakfast you've got to set your expectations. This is not glamourous but it is clean, comfortable and the service is friendly. If you've graduated from youth hostels then it's a good find.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Berry Hotel? Share your experiences!