“Beachside bliss” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ballina Beach Village to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Ballina Beach Village
440 South Ballina Beach Road | South Ballina, Ballina, New South Wales 2478, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Ballina
Perth, Australia
“Beachside bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Only a one night stopover at Ballina Beach Village however it was the only place I actually pre-booked on our short jaunt from Brisbane, based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We came in from the South and arrived at the Village at 5:30pm after the office had closed. Having advised Rikki by phone that we may not make it on time, she ensured the keys were left on a peg board for us.
The superior cabins were clean, comfortable and utilitarian. Not so great for just the one night in terms of making use of the facilities but would be brilliant if here for a few days/week. The cabin had a very comfortable QS bed ensuring a good nights sleep and also noteworthy, a carport running the length of the cabin that would be very handy in wet weather, which we had for the first time in our trip over. It would be long enough to put a trailer or boat under if you were making the most of the region. Sadly our fishing rods did not make it out to test the lovely location and after a morning walk along the beach and around the grounds, we headed north again.
The camp grounds are extensive and I wouldn't hesitate to come here with the kids. Brilliant location. There is a variety of accommodation levels which I found hard to determine when reading the literature available. I have included some photos.
A ferry is just up the road, to get back into town, takes a few minutes, is very regular and costs $4.60 each way. I found this to be a treat, not a trial and the chaps running the ferry were full of good info regarding places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear guest, thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, an indeed write me a little note to thank me and tell me how good the bed was when you left!! Wow, very thoughtful.

Yes you have picked it in one, we are a FAMILY destination and actively encourage families. We have a wide range of accommodation from budget-budget (Fishermen's shacks, pool burees and the wonderful tipi's - see the photos) to superior cabins with Austar, flat screens, all linen, bathroom, good size kitchen etc (but who wants to cook on holidays).

We also do all the things that make families feel at home - dogs are welcome at all times of the year, plus we hire out braziers for fire and have a big communal fire. What makes it all worthwhile is seeing happy families really having the best time.

No we aren't five star, don't have a full time baby sitting service and don't encourage some types of tourism for this reason.
We like to say the Ballina Beach Village is BEAUTIFUL NATURALLY - can't wait to have you back. Thanks for the great review.
Rikki Grinberg,
Ballina Beach Village.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My Husband and I (as well as our 2 puppies) sayed here for 3 days over the Chrismas period and we absolutly enjoyed the Beach Village. We stayed in the cabins with were fantastic and very clean... the only thing I could recommend was to have a bottle opener in the cabins ( we stayed in cabin 3 and it didn't have one)

We will stay down here again for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks Steph - yes those annoying bottle openers that go walk about send us all spare. I should buy shares in the manufacturing company, or get a container of them from China we go through so many of them. So delighted you had such a lovely, lovely holiday with us. Christmas is always special, but I truly believe it is the people that we attract to us that make our village such a wonderful place.

Many blessings,
Rikki
Ballina Beach Village
Murwillumbah, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My partner & I have been coming to South Ballina for 15+ years, camping every Easter and Christmas with our group of 4-5 families. Awesome time is always had, plenty for the kids to do and we love the idea of being able to drive onto the beach to do our fishing. Staff are always helpful and friendly. Nilesh was good fun, entertainment on the deck is always good too. We just stayed Anzac weekend (in a cabin) & had the best time. Thank you all for your hospitality, another great experience...

Room Tip: Corner suites catch the sun
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello Amanda, the privelege is all ours to have such wonderful guests with us. Thank you for your review - as always you are very welcome and we look forward to your next wonderful visit. Kindest regards and many blessings, Rikki, General Manager, Ballina Beach Village
Tugun, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here between 25-28 April 2013.
We were a large camping group (SE Queensland Campers) with adults, a few kids and a few dogs. We had a wonderful time. The activities were fantastic, yoga every morning, activities for the kids (and the dogs) during the day and music entertainment in the evening and all inclusive of the camp fees. It is a wonderful secluded location. I drove over on the ferry on Thursday and didn't leave until Sunday afternoon. Admittedly I have been to Ballina before and didn't need to discover the town. First time my son had been on a car ferry and it was very quick, first time for the car too. Build a bridge but why, it adds to the experience.
The staff were awesome, usually you arrive at a campsite they draw on a map and say this is your site and off you go. Here Bruce escorted us to our site and mapped out which was our plot and advised the best place to pitch the tents. I stayed at one of the gazebo camp sites and being a large group it was wonderful to have a communal area to meet, fabulous idea. All caravan/camping parks should have these.
I couldn't believe that staff were cleaning the amenities at midnight. Blew me away, usually amenities blocks get cleaned once a day but not here. I take my hat off to a park that cleans many times a day.
I would come back here in a heart beat. Rikki even put on the absolutely fantastic weather we had all weekend, which made for an awesome weekend.
Thanks again and I'm sure our group will be back again or I will anyway.
Happy Birthday again Rikki and thank you so much.
Cheers, Robyn

Room Tip: sorry we camped so not sure what the cabins were like. They looked awesome from the outside.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for this wonderful, wonderful review. You should be a travel writer - I feel as though I have been transported. If I didn't know the Village, I would through your wonderful words. You have a gift for painting word pictures. We (the staff) had the most BRILLIANT Anzac weekend - it was just mighty. Happy families and singles everywhere (boy, were we busyyyyyyy - phew) but what a great joy to all the staff to have such wonderful reviews. Just to let you know I print all of these reviews out and give them to the staff so that we all know what our guest are thinking and feeling. So thank you - and we loved it just as much as you did. The S.E. Queenslanders were a great bunch (thanks Brij and Zoe for bringing them here). All I can say is come again soon. You are a super special group. Kindest regards and many blessings, Rikki, Ballina Beach Village.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have stayed in ballina township several times but this was our first trip to south ballina. The staff at Ballina Beach Village were so friendly and accommodating. Our son aged 4 had a fantastic time, lots of beautiful trees to camp under and not close to neighbors. Really nice and quiet. Can't wait to come
Back!

• Stayed April 2013
What a great weekend, and thank you for your review. I really want to thank AUNTY DELL, who runs our Rainbow Kidz Klub for all the wonderful activities that she puts on during the holidays and Sunday mornings in non holiday period. Over the Anzac weekend they did wonderful things like make animals masks and then next day they had a pirate and princesses party and of course had to make their own costumes. Aunty Dell has also held little plays, Christmas Carols and special postcards that get posted off to Grannies and Aunties and all sorts of people.

Do check out the photos on our webpage - they are a riot. So many happy little kids just having a ball and so well behaved. Many blessings and thank you for your review, Rikki, Ballina Beach Village.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

a lovely park which is an easy walk to the beach. a special thankyou to Nilesh for his beautiful yoga classes in the morning. a fantastic way to start the day after sleeping on a camp stretcher in a tent.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your positive review and yes we agree NILESH is a gem!!! Nilesh is also our yoga Sensei (teacher) as we run yoga teacher training and retreats here on a regular basis. We also have some visiting masters with us who are Roberto Milletti and Francesca Cassia from Odaka yoga studio in Rome! They will be here in October to conduct master classes and set up their Australian Yoga Teacher Training course here. They also run some amazing martial arts courses as well which I can highly recommend for women and teens.

Anyway - if you have an interest in yoga or retreats please have a look at our website and you will see all the upcoming events on the rolling bar at the bottom.
Kindest regards, Rikki, Ballina Beach Village.
dunedin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have had the most wonderful experience at Ballina beach village. The staff and management go out of their way to ensure your needs are met. The $4.60 ferry ride is worth every cent as once you drive off the ferry you really are transported to another world, and indeed another pace of life. Highly recommend this property for a family vacation or if you have a group that requires a great location for a weekend/ week away you can't go wrong. The yoga shala and tee pees are a great hit! Can't wait to get back there. Many thanks to all the staff and management who made our trip so easy and memorable.

Room Tip: Be clear if you want to go simple (no linnen provided etc) there are great little fisherman's ca...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. This review is everything that we had hoped for as it illustrates to other guests 'what we are all about'. Thank you for taking the time to write it and look forward to having you back soon. Rikki, Ballina Beach Village.

Been to Ballina Beach Village? Share your experiences!