“Great spot in Ballina - Modern, clean, great staff - No worries!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ballina to your Saves list
Ballina
36 Tamar Street, Ballina, New South Wales 2478, Australia   |
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Great spot in Ballina - Modern, clean, great staff - No worries!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Dropped in here on my way back from driving nearly 800kms from Sydney - aside from nearly seeing pink elephants having driven so far I was really pleased to land @ BTL for the night. Beautifully presented & compact 'unit' style rooms facing onto an open courtyard parking area, about 5 mins walk from central Ballina on Tamar St. I wish all motels in this price range could be like this - it'd make travel around this huge country a bit more inspiring! The lady on reception is lovely - Irish, but been here 24 years... Go on now - I DARE you to make her laugh... The BEST laugh I've heard in years... truly... almost worth driving the 800kms to hear! Seriously though - nice amenities - coffee & tea provided, milk in the fridge, glasses thoughtfully placed in the chiller - all neat & tidy and a comfy bed with thick satiny topper into which I disappeared after several (purely) medicinal Bundy & Cokes to unwind, and drifting off. Very good value considering what else is on offer on that long drive up Australia's east coast (for twice the price!) - I'm not sure if they have larger or connected units for families but it'd be worth checking. Around $90-95 for a double per night.

Room Tip: Remember to space your stops if driving up Australia's east coast - it's a HUGE place to be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed at the Ballina Travellers Lodge Motel for three nights and had a wonderful time. It was such a fantastic base for me as I visited sites around Ballina and Byron Bay. The room was quiet and clean, bed was very comfortable with nice linen and cushions and the staff were friendly and courteous. They also have very reasonable rates, so I was pretty satisfied all round. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is the second time I stayed here and I really like the refurbished rooms. I found it very quiet and clean. The service is friendly. I will be back next time I am doing business in the Ballina area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Rosemeadow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

After a long drive from Sydney, I just need a bed to stay. There was nothing outside to indicate 'no vacancy' so I went to check-in. Without even getting the question out, the lady said "we have nothing for you". I thought fair enough. I went back to my car and checked the internet. A number of 'discount' travel sites and found a number of rooms available. Obviously my money wasnt good enough. The Remada down the street had cheaper rooms available with a spa and view of the river. Thanks for refusing my service - I had a lovely stay at the Remada instead.

Room Tip: Dont go here for service.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

As a business person this was not a good choice. The service was terrible with no change of towel or linens and their advertising of an 'adjacent bathroom' for the supersaver room was false. Also, there were no basics in the room such as tap water, tea, or shampoo. The advertised kitchen was locked in the evenings and early mornings. Their computer was disconnected and the lounge/common area was locked when I arrived in the evening from work. I could not even make a cup of coffee in the morning or evening and there were no vending machines and no restaurants close by that I could find. I wanted to ask them in the office but it was locked and they did not answer their phone. When I returned to my room, bed was unmade and the towel was still wet. The laundry room had no coins or soap, so I couldn't even dry THEIR towel. It's a very bare bones facility with customer service to match. Also, I had a small medical emergency and there was no one available and no cup or glass in the room to even get a drink of water from the common bathroom. It was at night and I waited until daybreak to knock on the office door, and I got yelled at through a locked door to go away. Very unsuitable for business purposes. It was very disappointing and I left a day early. My advice: pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We found the rooms to be recently renovated which was definitely a plus. Our nights sleep was peaceful and our Manager was warm and friendly. The pool offered a delicious wake-up dip.

Room Tip: Close to the pool for easy access.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

After a busy day on the Gold Coast at the theme parks arriving at the Ballina Travellers Lodge was exactly what the doctor ordered, cozy, quiet and immaculate the service was great, and what a nice surprise to have beautiful Byron Bay plunger coffee on offer instead of just the usual freeze dried option. The pool was clean and the kitchen facilites great. We all enjoyed the local shopping, meandering down the coast to Lennox and onward to Byron for the afternoon, happy to take the coast road back away from the hussle and bustle that evening. We will be back for sure!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ballina? Share your experiences!