“Fantasic accommodation and superb service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaufort House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Adelong
Beaufort House
77 Tumut Street, Adelong, New South Wales 2729, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Adelong
“Fantasic accommodation and superb service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our stay at Beaufort House was exceptional!

Outstanding service was given at all times by owner Cynthia as she was very welcoming, helpful and accommodating to our every need.

The beautiful rooms and lounges were so inviting and made us feel so relaxed during our stay.

We definately recommend staying Beaufort House if traveling through Adelong if your looking for exceptional service and a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you again for having chosen Beaufort House for your getaway. It was a pleasure having you both stay with us, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves at our establishment. Hopefully we'll see you return again in the future!

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Glenbrook, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at Beaufort House for our anniversary last weekend It was the perfect place to stay.. we enjoyed the peace and quiet as well as the beautiful house and what a beauitful area of NSW its in... the drives around Adelong are stunning .. The food, wine and coffee were all very good ... We would stay there again in a heart beat....
Susan & John

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you Susan and John, it was great meeting you both. It is wonderful to have such positive feedback. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Making the booking:
From the moment Cynthia (owner) answered my call, I was extremely impressed with the way she spoke to me, the attentiveness was authentic and she genuinely took an interest in establishing my needs and it was not hard to feel her warmth over the telephone line!!!

Arriving at Beaufort House:
We arrived that night around 8:30pm, even though it was way after business hours Cynthia greeted us with a lovely smile and welcomed us to Beaufort. She then took the time to take us on a tour of the place going through every aspect of where everything are, how things work, and finally showing us our room.

Arriving at our room:
The room was lovely, we loved the furniture, the smell, the quality of the thick towels etc, Cynthia even had the heater going for the whole day just to ensure that when we arrived the room is nice and warm! Cynthia also prepared red wine for us and had it already decanted.

Going down for Dinner:
By the time we got downstairs for dinner it was almost 9:00pm and kitchen closes that night at 9:00pm. Without rushing, or complaining. Cynthia assured us that we wouldn't be going to bed hungry, again she took the time and went though the whole "Vienna" menu with us so that we could make an informed decision on what we wish to eat. To top it up, Cynthia recommended us a bottle of red which I forgot the name but it just complimented the food so well that I ate to the point that I could feel food coming up!

The food:
Preparation time was prompt, but not fast. Once I had that food on my table I understood why it was not fast, not sure of the dishes but it was a plater and I have to say, it was YUM and I would drive there from Melbourne to just eat it again! Through out dinner, Cynthia not once asked us to hurry because it was like 10 o'clock at night, I started a conversation with her and she was an absolute different person, in a good way and I have to say I've learnt quite a few things off her especially customer service wise. The women is full of knowledge, in wine, food, people, the lot.

Morning:
Woke up, sun was shinning on my bed through the beautiful curtains, had a lovely shower, VERY good pressure and water was very hot and that's very important for me. Bed was firm yet soft so I woke up feeling great.

Breakfast:
We went to the "European style" kitchen area, and had toast which was complimentary, what I was impressed was that all jams etc were local and bread, juice, coffee, tea, etc were all complimentary. Usually in other hotels, complimentary items are cheap white brand but not at the Beaufort, bread along there were a couple of different choices including whole grain.

Down to the loby:
"Good morning Gordon!" said by the lovely Cynthia, I was impressed through out and now she even remembers my first name! Cynthia then spent around 20 minutes working with my Partner and I on what we like and our interest, she took out a map and told us where all the attractions are and where we could get local produces like hand made blueberry pancakes which was lovely.

End of the Day:
We had a great day exploring the region and realised that there are actually a lot of things to do there!

Dinner:
Sunday was Pizza night, I dislike pizzas and that's it but Cythia assured me that they were "proper" pizzas so I believed her and she did not lie. Those things tasted heavenly.

Conclusion:
By visiting this place, I learnt a lot. Ate a a lot, drank a lot, met a lot of nice people and had a lot of fun. Will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I can't begin to thank you enough for the wonderful and detailed review Gordon. Your compliments, knowing that you enjoyed yourselves here, and throughout this region, is most important to us, and encouraging. It is great to know that your experience here is a memorable one, and we do hope to see you return again in the future. Once again, thank you most kindly for sharing with your review.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I decided to return after a really enjoyable weekend last year. This time we stayed in the Amsterdam room which was lovely, cosy and warm. The bigest draw card in our view is the food served in the restaurant, it is just amazing and on our return visit did not disappoint! The fires were not lit this tine, which we were really disappointed about as we had been looking forward all week to sharing a bottle of red by the fire, but the host did explain why and it was still very warm. The pub up the road did have there fires going so we still got to enjoy a lazy afternoon in front of it with our wine.we love this area and Adelong is a lovely base to get out and explore it from, it's a town we will keep coming back to for many years to come.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
It was wonderful to have you both return for a weekend away, and thank you for your most positive review. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the restaurant again too! The weather has still been quite warm which is unusual this time of year, hence the fires were not required as yet, unlike your visit last year. Look forward to seeing you both return again!
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We loved our stay at Beaufort House. We admire the huge effort by Cynthia and her partner in renewing a run down former pub into a great assett for Adelong. The business model requires huge passion and commitment - something that they have in bucket loads. Country towns in this region are wonderful - really authentic and gutsy. They need more investment from outside to sustain them. Sensitive adaptive reuse of the heritage fabric is so important and deserves our support.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
It really is overwhelming to receive such a glowing acknowledgement and review, and we thank you kindly. Having you all visit on the weekend has fabulous, and it is great to know you all enjoyed yourself in our environment and region. We do hope to see you visit again in the future.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife & I together with 3 other couples spent 2 nights at Beaufort House using travel vouchers & were thoroughly pleased with the service & atmosphere of the period style hotel. We found the hostess, Cynthia, very attentive & helpful & were appreciative of the attention to detail of the hotel, its period style décor & furnishings in each room. We enjoyed having breakfasts on the balcony & were fortunate enough to experience fine, sunny weather to use this facility.
We would not hesitate to recommend the hotel stay to others.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you most kindly for your encouraging words and positive review. It was our pleasure having you all here, and great to meet you all! We are so glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and offerings here at Beaufort House and most certainly look forward to seeing you all again. Thank you.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was lovely to be back for two nights last week. Not only did we enjoy our stay at Beaufort House, but also enjoyed our time in Adelong, Tumut, and surrounding areas. Also bought lots of Batlow apples to take home. Last year we stayed in the London Room which was beautiful, but chose to stay in the Edinburgh Room this time as you do not hear the trucks at night. This was also a beautiful and comfortable room. The food is most enjoyable and generous. Unfortunately on the first night with having a "Tasty" dish and an "Entree" dish I had no room for dessert. So the next night I had only an "Entree" dish and was able to have the apple strudel for dessert which was delicious. My husband said his pizza was the best he had in a long time. The owners work very hard to make sure the Hotel is clean and comfortable and the food delicious. Although the restaurant was open for lunch we chose to eat at a local cafe whilst enjoying the shopping in the main street.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Edinburgh Room which does not overlook the main street or side street so it is much...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
drag0nfly01, Owner at Beaufort House, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Your review is most appreciated, and it was wonderful to see you both return again! We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves both here and in this region, there are always more experiences to be had. Look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Beaufort House? Share your experiences!