“Anti-vegetarian” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hellarcher Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lizard
Hellarcher Farm B&B
You added Hellarcher Farm B&B to your Saves list
Lizard TR12 7NN, England   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Lizard B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Anti-vegetarian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The owner of this B&B is anti vegetarian (and vegan, I suppose). She just didn't get it that I didn't want fish or eggs for breakfast, but equally I didn't want the Continental breakfast on offer either - I don't like fruit, cheese, cereal or yogurt for breakfast but that wasn't ok with the owner. She literally stormed out of the dining room, slamming the door, clearly cross with me for only wanting a vegetarian cooked breakfast and it was pretty obvious I was being talked about in the kitchen as the voices of her kitchen helpers suddenly lowered. A terrible host. The property wasn't particularly clean, either, but I could have put up with that if the owner hadn't been so rude. I left immediately after the aborted breakfast fiasco, packed and checked out without bothering to say goodbye, and didn't ask for a refund on the second night that I had paid for. I just wanted to leave. I went and had a superb cooked vegetarian breakfast at Roskilly's where I was made to feel very welcome, as usual.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Middlesbrough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have a special affection for the Lizard peninsular, so visit there quite often. For some time, on each of my visits, I have stayed at Hellarcher Farm. From the very first Jenny has made me feel a welcome guest. There is always a warm greeting with a cup of tea and a scone on arrival and subsequently plenty of valuable advice should I need it.
Jenny is for ever helpful: a flat battery on my car was resolved when she summoned a contact to give me a tow. The alternative, involving a breakdown truck, would have been expensive!
I cannot speak too highly of the breakfasts; for such a meal in an upmarket restaurant/hotel one would pay a sum nearly equal to half the cost of one night's B&B at Hellarcher Farm.
When I leave there is always a snack for the long journey home.
I look forward to my next visit to The LIzard and Hellarcher Farm.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We were able to check in whenever was most convenient for us and tea and cakes were brought up to our room on arrival. We were made to feel very welcome. The breakfast was amazing and really set us up for the day. I would recommend Hellarcher farm to anyone looking for a homely, friendly stay with a personel touch. I happened to mention prior to arrival that it would be my partners birthday, only to be surprised with a lovely homemade birthday cake complete with candles. We felt that Jen our host really went above and beyond to make our stay special. Our dog was also made to feel very welcome!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This place feels like home. Jenny is an excellent host, with a lovely pot of tea and homemade scones on arrival. Breakfast is amazing. I would definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

After a warm welcome, we were given a large cafetiere of coffee and a tray of homemade scones and cakes and relaxed as we watched the sun set over the sea.
Breakfast was also quite a spread - and as we were walking the coast path, Jenny gave us each a small packed lunch.
The Lizard is a great spot and is much less commercialised than Land's End. If you have to make a choice, The Lizard wins hands down!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Paignton, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

After a long days walk on the SW Coastpath we received a very warm welcome by Jenny , the owner. The tray of tea, home made scones and cake she brought to our room was so delicious. Breakfast is truly amazing with fruit salad, cheeses and a full Cornish breakfast. Jenny is very helpful and hospitable and as we left to continue our coast walk she gave us a little bag with sandwich and scone + banana for our coffee break.. A wonerful place to stay. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

On arrival from our walking on the coastal path, we were greeted with tea, home made scones and cake! This was so appreciated. Jenny was very helpful and had lots of tips on where to eat. We had a good night's sleep along with our dog, and we appreciated our leisurely soak in the bath.. Breakfast was absolutely first rate - cheeses, fruit salad, melon and home made jams. The cooked breakfast was very well made with two of everything, the poached eggs were just as I like them. Before setting off, Jenny then gave each of us a 'snack' for the day as we were walkers.. This turned out to be a cheese sandwitch, a scone and a banana! Brilliant value, I recommend Hellarcher Farm to people who appreciate real old-fashioned hospitality and good food

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hellarcher Farm B&B? Share your experiences!