“Dreadful food,horrible smell and a lukewarm welcome” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Fourways Inn

The Fourways Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Minver
The Fourways Inn
You added The Fourways Inn to your Saves list
St Minver PL27 6QH, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 St Minver B&B and Inns
“Dreadful food,horrible smell and a lukewarm welcome”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location, nice beer and a warm fire. We decided not to be put off by the sewage smell and the less than warm welcome
We ordered fish and chips and casserole with dumpling both were disgusting, the latter just warm mush. Probably the worst pub meal I have ever (not) eaten

• Stayed March 2013

Solo
Business
Rhondda, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We recently stayed in St Minver Cornwall for a 4 day break and decided to try the local pub for an evening meal.. When we arrived we were disappointed to see that most of the tables had been reserved, on the plus side we assumed that this meant we were in for a treat with our meal. We eventually got through the throng of locals who really treat you as if they don't want you there and we made it to a table in the corner. I went to the bar and ordered our drinks, when I returned to our table I became aware of a bad smell, my wife had a cold and said she couldn't smell anything. It was then I noticed an automatic air freshened screwed to the wall above the seat? There was a definite stink of sewage! We looked around but all the other tables were taken and we had already ordered and paid for our meals so we stayed put, the smell seemed to go away or perhaps i had became used to it? Our food was served by a very pleasant young girl who was polite and courteous. We had both ordered the Tikka Masala and quite honestly it looked like the pubs cat had vomitted over the rice. It tasted of some sort of spice but not masala that's for sure. Neiher of us ate too much of the meal and made a hasty retreat. We will be going back to that area again but never back to that pub... And that's for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Really nice pub. Enjoyed it. Many locals in the pub enjoying themselves and fires lit to keep warm.

Central location. Close to many attractions with a close drive to Rock and not far from Padstow. Really nice place and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed November 2012
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went there recently on a quiet Sunday evening for a pub meal with friends. The place looked cosy and inviting and the fire was being lit so we sat nearby and ordered our food. The food took a long time to arrive which was ok, it does sometimes but we survived. But as soon as it arrived we were disappointed. Some of us ordered a steak casserole with dumplings and veg. It was a single small bowl each of brown mush and a cheap white baguette on the side. A single dumpling was buried in the grey coloured mush. But I could forgive all of this has it not been lukewarm at best so I immediately asked for mine to be heated further. Another member of my group did likewise. Upon being returned to us, hot, the waitress smiled and said "You're welcome!" despite us saying noting. No apology, no hint of remorse.

Upon paying the barman we mentioned the cold food and he simply said "Oh, the boss cooked it too!" and left it at that with no hint of apology!

My friend summed up the food perfectly when he said that had he cooked it himself at home he would have been quite happy with the casserole but for pub food it was very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just moved in to the area and really was pleased that we found this place in St Minver. Menu looked odd for such a nice little place. No starters, no specials and no pudding! The mains must Be out of this world I thought. I have eaten there 5 times in 5 weeks and each time the food got worse as I was working through the menu. Just general pub grub I'm afraid. The last meal I had was a giant Yorkshire pud with what the menu called sausages. Um sorry four ways they ain't sausages as I know them! Steak is ok though. Nice pub other than that but being a food critic if they got a chef that would cook quality specials they could have a little gold mine. Not sure they're in to making money! Great for a drink though.
Oh there was a young girl working as a waitress who was really nice and a little gem. Look after her guys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Due to inadequate heating and very inadequate bedding this was always going to be a very cold stay. Visiting the ensuite bathroom in the middle of the night really was like using an outside toilet such was the cold temperature of that room. Think next time I'll use a Travel lodge even if it is more expensive at least I know what I'll be getting in advance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Nuneaton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife, our twelve-year-old son and myself stayed two nights here whilst delivering our daughter to her summer season job at the adjacent St. Minver holiday park. The Fourways was a lucky find on the internet and a preferable alternative to a Travel lodge in Wadebridge eight miles away. To get the minor moans out the way first; the family room reeked of cigarette smoke. I am surprised that any establishment still allows smoking in the bedrooms. Secondly, the single storage heater was barely adequate to keep the room at an acceptable temperature, particularly after leaving the window open to disperse the aforementioned smell! The rest is all good. Excellent local ale and cider, friendly staff who left the bar open for us following our Sunday afternoon arrival and good home-cooked food. We had dinner and breakfast at the inn and both were faultless, if a little small in the case of the latter. The location is perfect, being a five-minute drive or a brisk hour’s walk from the coastal village of Rock and about ten minutes from Wadebridge. Overall an excellent experience, we will stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Fourways Inn? Share your experiences!