“Third trip, great as always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Minver
Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park
You added Parkdean - St Minver Holiday Park to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Near Rock | Wadebridge, St Minver PL27 6RR, England   |
chulmleigh
“Third trip, great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my third stay at St Minver, in May 2013. this time booked on a Sun weekend, although my two previous trips have been booked direct with Parkdean. We had caravan 39 Church View. The trip was for me, my five year old daughter and my 66 year old mum. Seeing as she walks with a stick, I emailed Parkdean the day before and asked if we could have a caravan near the Entertainment Centre. They called me and offered me an upgrade for £76 or a location fee of £20. I am glad that I paid the extra £20, as our initial caravan was right near the entrance which was quite a way away from the Entertainment.

I have previously stayed in a chalet as they are cheaper than the caravans. With this being booked through The Sun, we were given a caravan. it was privately owned, although it didn't have any extra touches. It was two bedroom with a shower room and ensuite toilet.

We arrived at 1pm and were able to use the facilities and had a drink while my daughter ran around the park. I went to reception at 2.40pm and our caravan was ready. This was brilliant as official checkin time was 4pm. This meant that we had time to unpack and then go swimming. You can use the facilities on your first and last day, which is not an option at some parks. It means that you really do get the most out of your short break.

The swimming pool is very clean and tidy, and we could stay in as long as we liked as it was quiet. We have never been asked to leave after 45 minutes. The pool is open from 9am to 5.45 pm, although it does close from 1-3pm every day. There is a small childs pool and also a sauna. There are places to sit around the pool if you wish to spectate and not go in.

The park is lovely, loads of things for children to do and it is right outside the chalets so great if you are staying there.

We ate there one night and the meal was adequate but nothing special. It was tasty and hot though so what more can you ask for.

The entertainment was brilliant. My daughter loves Sid and Lizzie and that is the main reason that I always stay in Parkdean sites. The entertainment starts at 6.30pm with music for the children, then Sid and Lizzie or just one of them, come out at 7 or 7.15pm. They then do games or fun with the children until around 8.15pm, then its bingo, then its entertainment.

The Parkdean Troupers were Cat, Kerri and Andy Pandy Saucepan Head. This made my daughter laugh. Kerri was there in October when we stayed and she remembered us and came and had a chat, which was lovely. They put on some great entertainment one night to a very small crowd as it was out of the main season, but they still put their all into it.

They were all brilliant with the children, talking to them, dancing with them and playing games and handing out prizes. My daughter was given a goody bag one night and a bubble wand another night. She was thrilled.

I won Full House on the bingo one night and won £40. The bingo isn't cheap at £13 to play all three games, but it is a bit of fun. We didnt play every night due to the cost though.

There is a shop onsite selling a lot of Sid and Lizzie items. After three stays here and two at Sandford, I think my daughter now owns every single Sid and Lizzie branded item.....

Every time I stay with Parkdean I get a £25 voucher on my return and I have already booked a break in August. It is £442 for four nights in a chalet, which isn't cheap, but it is a special treat for my daughter. I also intend to go back in October half term. Last year it was brilliant with lots of fun and games for the children on Halloween.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Having read the mixed reviews after booking our sun holiday I was anxious upon arrival. I neednt have been. Superb spacious clean 3 bed caravan, 32" widescreen tv, dryer for towels and well equipped kitchen. Swimming pool on site excellent with 2 lifeguards on duty, very clean and didn't get too busy when we were there. Our son enjoyed the nature trail on site. Nice playground. Wouldn't recommend the food, expensive and not very good. But that's our only negative for the whole park. We went to crealy cornwall which was outstanding - by far the best childrens adventure park yet, loads to do for variety of ages, very clean, great access for pushchairs and all the animals had plenty of space and clean enclosures! Would definately recommend this park!

• Stayed May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Parkdean St Minver and we can not recommend it more highly. We stayed in a lodge this time and it was beyond our expectations. Clean, uncluttered, and so much more luxurious than a caravan or a bungalow. Our party consisted of my parents, sister, my husband, baby daughter and myself and not once did we feel 'on top of each other'. To be honest, I did wonder if the photos on the website were true, but yes, we were more than pleasantly surprised and I would certainly recommend it to anyone who wants a family holiday. The on site pub is slightly chavvy and has too many gaming machines but go up to the pub at St Minver village (go through the hole in the brick wall behind the pub and head up the hill) to meet the locals or stay down the lodge end and you'll have one of the best holidays ever.

• Stayed May 2013
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have stayed here once before on a Sun break ( we have done more than 60+ now )and so we were looking forward to our second visit hope it would match up? It did by Big margin ! We were allocated one of the spacious 2 double bed chalets near the clubhouse which have been refreshed since our last visit , loads of space , quiet and relaxing and south facing ideal. This site is ideally located , close to the SW coastal path for walkers , the Camel Trail for the cyclists , Polzy for the surfers and the village pub for the drinkers we had a Fab time doing the lot and need a holiday to get over it ! All in all other brilliant short break and we will be back again ;-) If you have any Q's give me a message

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a short break here and was impressed by the quality of the accommodation. The park is situated in a quiet area of north Cornwall, about 10 minutes from from Rock (with ferry to Padstow). In fact the entrance to the park lies off the Rock road. This is an idea location for exploring the part of the coast running from Port Isaac to Boscastle. You can also do a great walk beside the Camel from Rock (all day car park) to Daymer Bay. Here you will find refreshments. A further 10 minute walk takes you across the golf course to St. Enedoc's Church, burial place of Sir John Betjeman. I found the restaurant served good quality pub grub and had no complaints. No complaints at all - an enjoyable experience. Would recommend for a spring break when the Cornish banks are full of primroses

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our first visit to St Minver Holiday Park, although we have visited Cornwall on many occasions. We stayed in an Ash caravan which was lovely. It had three bedrooms and two shower rooms and a sofa bed in the central lounge area. We were a party of 4 adults and three children and although at times it felt a little cramped it was fine for our week's stay. It was very well equipped and even had a washing machine/tumble dryer!

The park itself is kept lovely and clean and all the staff are very welcoming and friendly and our check-in was quick and easy. The club house is good with a bar area, restaurant, entertainment room, arcade etc. There was a good choice of food and drinks, but the food could be improved upon, ie a little hotter and ensuring that what is advertised is actually put on the plate!!. The evening entertainment was good and the kids club kept the children entertained throughout the day. The swimming pool was lovely and clean and the water temperature good, considering it was such a cold week! The outdoor park area again is good and kept very clean.

St Minver is very well situated for exploring different towns, ie Rock, Padstow, Polzeath, Fowey, St Ives etc etc. We all had a great week and have booked again for next year and will be staying in one of the lodges which are lovely and have a lot more room!

The park has a mix of caravans, chalets and lodges and e would definitely recommend this park to others.

Room Tip: The caravans are lovely, but if you are a party of 6 or more, opt for one of the lodges.