“Lovely welcoming B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in St Cleer
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely welcoming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had a wonderful weekend staying with Trish and Tom for a wedding nearby and they could not have been more welcoming. I felt like their adoptive daughter! The house and gardens are beautiful and when I decided to stay an extra night they were very accommodating. I will definitely be going back if I return to the area and would recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend staying in the self-contained apartment upstairs which had lovely skylights...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TrishBM, Owner at Trecarne House, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for reminding us that the gardens are a great feature at Trecarne House, with plenty of places to sit & soak up the sun.& enjoy the far reaching views over open countryside

The patio with the covered gazebo is great for those who like to eat alfresco or play a game of outdoor table tennis or get even more energetic and bounce on the trampoline.

We also have a great paddock where children can run and play amongst the wild flowers in complete safety -it's heaven on earth because it's so peaceful.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tianjin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We spent four nights with Trish and Tom at Trecarne House. They did everything they could to make our stay pleasant and memorable. We immediately felt welcomed and special. The breakfast was superb and our rooms was beautifully decorated and had a lovely view of Cornwall´s countryside. We will most definitely come back to stay with Trish and Tom, since there is so much to see in this area and four days was not enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
TrishBM, Owner at Trecarne House, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
At Trecarne House our guests comfort, enjoyment & needs come first, so it's music to our ears when we receive such complimentary reviews that confirm we're on the right track.

Our desire is to offer a genuinely friendly, informal & welcoming environment where our guests can feel completely at home and relaxed.

We'd just like to say a big thank you to all our guests for making our business so enjoyable
Abertawe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Four in a bed reminded me of the time last May when we stayed in this establishment, I don't usually leave a review if I've nothing nice to say, but seeing all the positive reviews after the treatment we received sickens me slightly. Trish had a terrible attitude, maybe it's because we're scruffier than her usual clientèle, but as paying customers, paying the same price as everybody else, we expected to be treated the same as the other guests despite not appearing for breakfast in designer label gear.

The snootiness of the woman knew no bounds, which was particularly misplaced as the state of the bathroom was pure filth, with tiles coming away from the wall and the plughole of the shower was blocked with what looked like suspiciously curly hairs. When my partner lifted the toilet seat to pee, it looked like it hadn't seen a sniff of bleach for a good few months.

The room itself was comfortable enough, but the attitude of the host really let the place down.

I'd certainly not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

From the moment we arrived Trish could not have been more welcoming or attentive to our needs, it was more like being greeted as old friends than paying guests. The location was perfect for us and we were able to explore the local area and visit friends in St Cleer. Our room was comfortable and spacious with great views across the valley and to the edge of Bodmin Moor. Breakfasts were brilliant, leisurely affairs which set us up for the day. The only downside to our stay was having to leave to re-join the rat race!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TrishBM, Owner at Trecarne House, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for reminding us what a perfect location Bodmin Moor is for exploring Cornwall, anywhere in Cornwall can be accessed so easily from this central base at Trecarne House.

Also right on our doorstep there are many interesting things to see and do, like the historic Cheesewring & Hurlers, Golitho Falls & the stunning Siblyback reservoir where there are many different water sports like sailing, windsurfing, wakeboarding & tasty locally produced food at the cafe.

Mind you after a leisurely & generous home cooked breakfast from the Aga, fitting more food in before dinner might be a challenge !!
Settle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

On arriving at Trecarne House we received a wonderfully warm welcome from Trish that set the tone for our stay. We immediately felt we had joined a house party where the atmosphere was friendly and convivial. The light and airy rooms with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside were a delight. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and comfortable and children were able to enjoy the house and gardens alongside the adults. Trish's natural charm and cheerful demeanour ensured we immediately relaxed and felt at home. It is rare to find a place to stay that nurtures both the body and soul but our short stay at Trecarne House succeeded in both counts with its beautiful location and the attentive kindness of an exceptional host.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Trish made me so welcome when I arrived, helped me with my luggage, and showed me the facilities. My very large en-suite room (Amy) was wonderful, lots of space to store and hang clothes, bags and suitcases, side tables, TV , a sofa and chair for relaxing, and windows facing two ways with lovely views. The bathroom with toiletries had a power shower and hot tap water 24/7. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room, with fresh milk provided in a jug when you wanted it! A great variety of food was on offer for breakfast, with all tastes catered for. I loved my stay, and I got on so well with Trish, it was like being a friend in her home. It was very relaxing for me, and just the right place for me to wind down and recover after a stressful time and two years of rather indifferent health. The service was excellent and as I had been unwell and travelling alone, Trish was concerned for my welfare while I was out and about. I thought this was lovely, as I am no spring chicken, and so let her know by text if I had a change of plan. This was reassuring for both of us. Her husband Tom was away when I arrived, but he came home just before I left. He is equally as pleasant and jovial a host as Trish is hostess. Thanks for making my holiday so memorable. In the village there are two inns where you can get meals and a fantastic village farm shop where you can buy provisions for a picnic lunch. If you go to stay at Trecarne House you will be sure of a warm welcome, a comfortable good night's sleep, good food, a calm and caring atmosphere, a restful and peaceful holiday, and you will go home feeling so much better and looking forward to when you have the opportunity to return, as I hope to do. Added to all this there are lots of wonderful places to explore. I had a great time seeing where my great, great grandfather had lived and all the places my grandmother used to talk about when she came down on holiday to stay with family members who had not moved north to Manchester.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at Trecarne House for 2 nights with our 4 year old daughter as we were attending a wedding at a local venue. From the moment we arrived we felt truly welcome and that Trish would be a great host. The biggest plus for us was that our daughter was thoroughly spoilt with attention and genuine affection - if you have young children and have the usual worries about them being welcome then this is the place for you! The breakfast was lovely (including the porridge cooked in the Aga) and the local fresh ingredients were very much appreciated. Finally, the view from the bedroom and garden is breath taking. All in all, a fantastic stay with a vibrant and genuine host - loved it!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Trecarne House? Share your experiences!