“4 nights away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in St Austell
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“4 nights away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My partner and I booked this but we're a bit dubious when we realised that this premier inn was located on a business park (industrial estate)
We arrived on Wednesday 11/06/2014 and were due to book out Sunday 15/06/2014
We found the premier inn quite easily with the aid of our Sat Nav and we were made to feel extremely welcome. We were told that we could eat in the Table Table restaurant across the way called the Carclaze. The food was absolutely fantastic and the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help.
Anyway back to the premier inn. We had a nice room facing onto the car park and business park but hey we didn't go to look out of the window. Although I'm sure if I'd have had a room in the rear of the hotel I'd have looked at the views quite a few times.
You're quite high up so looking across the rooftops the views can be quite breathtaking.
The only downside with this location is if you don't have a car you're pretty much screwed. You need to be able to drive to get to anywhere as you are out of reach of local amenities and as I stated earlier you're at the top of a pretty steep hill - getting down is great but I really wouldn't want to walk up.
We went to Truro and spent a day there. Taking in the sights and even visited the cathedral. I didn't know Truro had a cathedral. We visited St Austell brewery although it was a lot smaller than we anticipated. We visited the local indoor market in St Austell but to be honest it was not that great. We did want to go to the Eden Project but time kinda ran away from us. Think we need to book longer next time round. We had a day where we went out for a drive and took in a few sights along the way like St Ives, Zennor (we stopped here for a lovely lunch with a cream tea). Then on to Pendeen where we saw the lighthouse and peered over the edge of the cliffs and watched the beautiful turquoise water breaking against the rocks at the bottom. From here we moved on to Sennen Cove ( where 2 small bottles of coke cost almost £5 although I was told the ice was free) then down to Minark Theatre but we had arrived too late to watch a performance as the last showing had already started. From here we drove back to St Austell via Penzance. We had a fabulous day and took in some amazing sights.
This was the first time I have ever been to Cornwall and it surely won't be the last. I didn't realise how far down we had booked but this did not stop us enjoying ourselves. The weather was amazing too. We had glorious sunshine and high temperatures. Sun cream is definitely a must.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Welcome was warm genuine helpful. Reception kept me going as well with some extra tea and coffee into the night .

WiFi worked well and was quicker than I expected. £3 for 24 hours is not that archaic as suggested - at the end of the day not everyone needs 7-8 hours connectivity so why put it on the room rate?

Radio was a pain though it needed retuning but the capability was disabled to guests - some are not as competent as others so LCD applied.

Breakfast in the table table was okay but I was up early compared to the other guests

Thank you for the fan but it was SO HOT. Whitbread do need to come up with some design that can get excessive heat out of a room without I guess resorting to aircon.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

warm friendly staff, clean and tidy rooms with good access to local facilities and attractions. Great access to car parking and child friendly environment. Breakfast and dinner good value and quality for price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed one night with dinner, bed and breakfast while travelling on business. The room was of the usual Premier Inn standard, well maintained and well appointed, with large wall mounted flat screen TV and up to date bathroom. The whole place was clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and professional, and, as I was a female staying alone, the lady who checked me in was very careful not to mention my room number or give directions to it as there were other people in reception - a security measure which I find greatly reassuring. I ate dinner in the adjacent table table restaurant, where staff were attentive and friendly, and I wasn't made to feel awkward dining alone with my book. The meal was the usual fare - bought in rather than home cooked, but of a decent standard. Despite the extreme heat of the night I slept well thanks to the powerful fan which was already installed in the room when I arrived - very necessary in the absence of air conditioning. Breakfast was cooked to order, hot and fresh, and there was plenty of choice in the continental selection. Overall a pleasant experience. Plenty of free car parking, too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Having not stayed in a premier in for approx. 12 months, I found myself snookered into booking a family room for 2 nights at this one. The carpets were quite tatty/grubby, shower pressure was very poor as I had to dance around to intercept the occassional rain drop, and jack hammers starting on the site next door at 7:40 am Saturday morning were the main irritations. Not sure PI represent the same value for money that they did e.g 3-4 years ago - this one wasn't cheap by any means! I am used to finding much better accommodation for much less money but guess I lucked out this time due to time of year. Also, paying for WiFi is a bit of a joke these days

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very comfortable overnight stay en route to our holiday destination. Had the excellent value meal deal - one price for breakfast and dinner. This was the second time I had stayed at this hotel and I would thoroughly recommend it for any short stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Portsmouth England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

A fairly new PI situated just outside St Austell which we stayed at for a couple of nights this week. The staff were all friendly, the rooms were very clean and airy, even in the hot weather. and there is free and ample parking. It is an ideal location to visit local attractions and beaches and hidden coves. St Austell is ok, but has little charm, better to go to the prettier places by the coast.

Getting back to the PI, well worth staying at, good value for money.

If the lady on reception does see this, congratulations on your wedding today

Room Tip: Our room was first floor at the back of the building and was very quiet