“Really Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in St Austell
County Wexford, Ireland
“Really Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband, myself and my two children stayed here for 4 nights from July 17th onwards. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were pleasantly surprised with the premier inn as we had never used one before. This was the first of two premier inn stays during this holiday. We would definitely stay at a premier inn again and certainly recommend premier inn to other families. The standard and quality of product and service offered great value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Downpatrick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here recently with my husband and two small children, the hotel was located just outside St Austell, perfect location for us, we were near to the Eden Project and to Carlyon Bay which had a perfect beach although you do need to walk down about 30 steps which is hard when you have a buggy, but well worth it when you get there. The hotel was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. The selection of food was incredible and real value for money. It also has to be mentioned that the staff were super friendly and eager to assist with all our queries and also recommended good walk ways such as the clay paths there is in and around the hotel, these paths are laid out for walkers all the way to the Eden Project, they are really good and have some amazing views! Will definately return to this hotel, thanks to Kerry,Emily, Janette,Yvonne and the other girls in housekeeping....super nice people!!

Whitefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

A comfortable hotel that provided everything we wanted, its location wasn't fantastic but was nice and close to the Eden Project. The staff were amazing and helped us with all our queries. I just wish all the other hotels I stayed in were as nice as this one.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was our first visit to Cornwall and first stay in a Premier Inn. The welcome by front desk was exceptional and despite us being early we were able to check in before 2pm. Had our daughter with us in a family room which was spacious and clean. TV old fashioned but worked fine so not bothered. Bed was one of the best I have ever slept in. Hotel bit out of town and would not recommend walking with kids. Convenient restaurant next door with good grub not too pricey. I will definitely stay at a Premier Inn again.

Barry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have only recently started staying with the premier inn and this is my second premier inn this year. I am glad to say that this premier inn is of the same very high standard as my previous premier inn, apart from having an old fashioned tv compared to the previous premier inn which had a large screen plasma TV. I would say this premier inn hasnt had a refurb yet as the bathroom was also not new.However it is still of a very high standard.

I know the area well from previous years camping in the area. This has a central location for travelling and nothing is too far away. There was a very warm welcome on arrival. There was no noise from other rooms.

I travelled with a 5mth old baby and my 5yr old daugher. The hotel is very family friendly. The cot was set up in the room and my daughter and I had separate beds which was nice. It is very handy having a restaurant on site so I was able to have a nice meal with the children and a few drinks. There was always a warm welcome in the restaurant even though I had a huge pram to accommodate.

One morning I accidentally leaked a whole bottle of baby milk through the duvet and matress. I stripped the bed ad informed reception. They reacted very nicely and thanked me for letting them know. When I got back to my room I had nice fresh bedding. I also requested a duvet for the crib as the mattress was a little hard. Again this was provided without any problems. The service was second to none.

The only fault I was say, which is no fault of the hotel is the pricing policy. I paid £59 for the Thursday and Friday night which I think is reasonable. However the saturday night was £106, so I had to move to another premier inn as I didnt feel the room was worth £106, even though it was nice. I went to the premier inn in camborne, about 20mins away which saved me about £30. I think the premier inn should have more reasonable pricing as this would have avoided me having to pack everything up for save £30. In summary a lovely hotel and great location for travelling with very helpful satff

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for a holiday break as we found it cheaper than guest houses or hotels for what we were looking for. It is located out side St Austell at the top of a steep hill which if you are fit it is walkable into town but a long climb back up. What we hadn't realised is that St Austell does not have a beach front but there are beaches with in driving distance. Some of these the carparks are still a short walk to the beach or harbour.
The Inn it's self was very clean throughout. The only thing we didn't like and it the same through out Premier Inn's whole set up is the silly wardrobes in the room if that's what you can call them. They have no doors or draws just open shelves so all your clothes or items are on show. The pub next door was very good both at breakfast and evening dinner. The portions were very good deffinately breakfast as they put on the plate the amount you ask for on is worth the money.
The Eden Project is close by and only about 15mins drive time and is worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Close to Eden Project. Staff were very friendly. Rooms were clean and well maintained, complete with tea and coffee making facilities and heating. Great value hotel with a good pub next door

Room Tip: The annex is located away from the main building and pub