“Brilliant service....unexpectedly good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 110 Restaurants in St Austell
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant service....unexpectedly good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited this McDonalds on the way home from a nearby campsite at the end of a holiday. Didn't expect too much but, when my wife asked for something that wasn't on the menu, the gentleman serving could not have been more helpful. She wanted a vegetarian breakfast and he made sure it was done, even asking the staff member who prepared it to use a fresh set of utensils to ensure that they hadn't been near meat....she's not that fussy but was impressed. He then bought it to our table. I expected production line grub and basic service but was surprised. Well done.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Much better than its closest rival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great example of a busy restaurant that delivers good service as well as keeps it clean.

Food as good as I've had at any mcdonalds.

Staff are friendly and efficient and do a good job.

Well done :)

St Austell, United Kingdom
“20 Minute wait for food AND then a parking ticket..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

So I'm VERY fair when I review establishments, but this one has got a long way to go..

I along with my friends usually go somewhere every Thursday evening for a catch up and meal etc..

This week it was McDonalds turn, so we turned up at around 8-8.15 went in, ordered food.

I ordered my food which I had to wait 20 minutes for, whilst the people who seemed like trainee members of staff were flapping and making a meal out of things over what order goes where for the drive thru.

So 20 minutes later I (finally) get my meal and like all good catch-up's with friends we sat down ate together, talked etc...

We then retired to our cars at around half past 10, spending just over 2 hours at this place.

Thinking no more of it until the morning of 08/2, I get a letter through with a "Parking Charge Notice".

So to summarize, you go to this awful place, spend your hard earned money in THEIR restaurant only to get a parking charge notice..

Well Done Mc Donalds, Not only do you make your customers wait, but you also award those who chose to spend extra time in your restaurant (who in tern actually spent more money on drinks and ice cream etc) a parking notice!

Therefore I DO NOT recommend you visit here.

• Visited January 2014