“Over priced little pots of spice!!!” 1 of 5 stars

+(44)0172677100
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 13 Activities in St Austell
“Over priced little pots of spice!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have only visited this shop once and would not go back...as someone who cooks food from all over the world I was so pleased to see this shop in the town. However on close inspection of the shop was horrified to see the prices charge for such small amounts/weights of spices and other goods. All the staple spices for Indian,Chinese, Italian foods are available locally in the supermarkets for 25 to 50% less costs and all others are available to order online with use advice and questions answered from many spice merchants. I myself travel to Bristol on a regular basis to visit family and stock my spice cupboard for a fraction of this shops prices. I am surprised that this business manages to survive with such extortionate charges!

Visited September 2013
Allywatkins, Owner at Nature Kitchen, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Mi-vus,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Nature Kitchen. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during your visit to our shop.
We really appreciate your feedback and just want to to let you know that we are doing what we can to stay in line with our competitors.
Thanks to our dedicated research team, I can confirm that the majority our prices are in fact in line with, if not better that many main stream supermarkets & leading brands. Our pots, although small actually hold up to twice as much as most of the supermarket options and the quality is second to none due to our small batching process and large product turnover. We also sell larger amounts of spices in 500g and 1kg bags at wholesale prices to offer our customers the option to bulk buy at even cheaper prices. Our main aim within the company is to stock products that aren't widely available in the supermarkets, over two thirds of our business is dedicated to this, the herbs and spices are only a small area of the shop.
We are always looking to improve our range of products and to reduce our prices where ever possible. We also sell a huge range of world foods which we import directly from their country of origin to keep the prices down even further.
I do hope that you can come back and visit again, we'd be very happy to show you around and hopefully change your mind about our company. We only ever want the best for our customers & we value your custom greatly.
I hope this reply has helped & I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Many thanks again,
Kindest regards
Ally

London, United Kingdom
“Best collection of spices in St. Austell.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nature Kitchen Artisan spice blends, produced in small batches for exceptional quality, and exquisite flavours. Fantastic array. All made in Cornwall.