“The friendliest cafe I have ever been in!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Solihull, United Kingdom
“The friendliest cafe I have ever been in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The food was excellent. My girlfriend had a lovely sweet potato and parsnip soup with a lovely bit of locally sourced bread. The bread and cakes all come from a local baker and were perfect! My ciabbatta panini was delicious.

A nice selection of different teas and good cakes. The scones we had were fabulous. I think they'd be best described as little delicious pillows of love and the cornish clotted cream and lovely jam on top just set them off a treat.

There was a special cake in when we were there, a vanilla, chocolate and caramel cake. I was concerned it would be too sickly but it was beautifully balanced. A fantastic cake.

The highlight of the whole place were the two ladies running the place. They were the bubbliest, funniest and most welcoming team I've ever met in a cafe. I would go back tomorrow if I could but sadly I will have to wait until my next visit to Cornwall.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

St Blazey, United Kingdom
“my birthday 49 years today”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

my son and daughter inlaw gave me a voucher at christmas to go to charlies boat house. They said enjoy. We certainly did we had the cheese board THE BEST WE EVER HAD, it was so delicious i decided we had to go back. so on the 20th march it was my birthday and thought right lets book a table at the boathouse for my family a table was booked for ten of us . we had a lovely evening the food was superb the atmosphere was very relaxing bear in mind there was two four year olds at the table. Cant wait for the next visit. fish cakes and sweet potato chips, veggie burger,duck pizza, chicken burger,batterd calamari excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“First Visit but not the Last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant at lunch time with friends. We visit this area of Cornwall about twice a year and this restaurant had opened since our last visit. It is very contemporary in terms of decor and given its upper floor position, it offers views of the harbour and sea. It also will offer outsdide dining in the summer but the decking was still being prepared when we visited.

The menu is not extensive but there is still plenty of choice with a Specials Board on offer. There is also a menu aimed at children. We had the deep fried calamari which was delicious and beautifully served. Only one of our party could manage a dessert but we all envied him the home-made Bread and Butter pudding......!!

The staff were really pleasant and friendly and the service was good. We plumped for the House Rose Wine and were not disappointed. The coffee selection was good and our coffees were served piping hot.

We shall definitely go again and our friends who live locally and had been before were further encouraged to take other friends there in the future. Definitely an added plus to Charlestown.

By the way, their coffee shop Charlies (in an alternative venue in Charlestown) is also well worth the visit and if you are not on a diet, do try the home made cakes!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal and lovely surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited on the evening of Thursday 7th March for my Daughter's birthday. The service was excellent without being intrusive. The chef happily changed the ingredients on one of the meals to suit my Daughter's request. (She's a fussy eater!)

The food was presented lovely and it was delicious. We then finished with pudding which tasted amazing. A definite must to visit if you are in Charlestown.

The interior is spotless, modern, classy and the tables are far enough away from each other so that you don't overhear the next tables conversation.

A lovely place for every occasion or just to enjoy reading the papers in the comfy chairs with a coffee. They even offer gluten free cakes and puddings.

We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, England
“well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We've been twice in the past week - the second visit because the first was so good!
Fishcakes tasty and served with sweet potato chips, various pasta dishes nicely presented and good, pizza excellent. House merlot (£14.40) very good as was the sparkling( £19 prosecco).
Very nice interior and plesant helpful staff. Good news!

Visited March 2013