“Thank you so much for a lovely lunch...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Griggs' Restaurant is set in the heart of Cornish countryside and is adjacent to our Country Store. Offering a large dining area and cosy sofa's for a relaxed feel as well as the option to dine al fresco on our balcony while you enjoy some stunning rural views of the surrounding farmland. With ample free parking and good public transport links, access to the restaurant is via a short flight of stairs or by lift.
Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Thank you so much for a lovely lunch...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Me and my husband popped in for a bite to eat today, after shopping for horse supplies! We opted for the small portion burger and fish and chips, what a great idea to offer smaller sized portions of the same meal to have at lunch time. Burger was fantastic and on par with our other favourite the 'hub box', the fish and chips were lovely (so he said) batter not greasy, and the choice of curry sauce was really good as mr fussy doesn't like tartar sauce. Lovely coffee, service and pleased with the bill at the end! We will be back! Thank you...

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you for your lovely second review for us! We are pleased to hear that you popped back to us and thoroughly enjoyed your visit. The small portions are always extremely popular, and to be honest, they aren't that small! I will pass your comments on to the kitchen who will be pleased to hear their burger is on par with Hub Box. Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Truro, United Kingdom
“Another excellent visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Had a delicious mushroom and mascarpone quiche with frites and side salad. Partner had their small bites fish and chips with praise for the batter in particular.Followed by chocolate and pistachio creme brûlée which was very good.

Visited January 2014
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent review of your visit to us. I am so pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your meals and I will pass your comments on to our kitchen team. Our kitchen team work very hard to make and prepare all meals from scratch with as much locally sourced produce as possible, they will appreciate your comments. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
“Such a great meal! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I visited for Sunday lunch this weekend. My parents and I were looking for somewhere that had good reviews and we'd been recommended to go there by loads of people. It was awesome! The place is beautiful and the roast was stunning! Yorkshires the size of my head. Brilliant service, especially by Kerry and I will definitely be recommending others to take a trip there!

Kerry V, Manager at Griggs, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your Sunday lunch visit with us! I am so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your meals and the service, I will pass your comments onto our team members. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back again soon!
“1dogonthebeach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Lunch at Griggs is always an event to look forward to. And today was no exception. The beer battered fish and the gourmet chips were excellent.
The service is always great and the staff are always very helpful.
Looking forward to our next visit

Kerry V, Manager at Griggs, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent visit to us! I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed your cod and chips! I will pass your comments onto our restaurant and kitchen team members. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
“Delicious food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

What a great place for lunch! Our party of 6 all ordered different dishes and each was delicious, nicely presented and generously portioned. There really is something got everyone at Griggs restaurant - I loved the salmon fish cakes today! The atmosphere was buzzing and service was great. After eating we popped into the shop for a few essentials. We will be back soon!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kerry V, Manager at Griggs, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review of your visit to us. I am so glad to hear that all your party enjoyed their meals, I will pass your comments onto our teams. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back soon.