“Good food but could do better on service.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Warwickshire
“Good food but could do better on service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Popped upstairs to the restaurant after visiting the museum downstairs, did not want anything heavy, just a light bite tea / coffee etc.
Got in before the rush, filled up well after we got in, table no problem, menu good selection the meal deal was a good idea price not too bad.
Had to go to the bar area to order food, a little on the slow side one girl taking orders and filling cold drinks there and then, another older woman turned in and the service went into overdrive, order placed quickly then.
Food / drink brought to the table, enjoyed what we ordered, reasonable charge for what we had.
No push to get us out.
Think they need more staff working front of house in particular on a wet day - more people do visit indoor attractions.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Sunday Roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Popped up to the restaurant after visiting the museum downstairs. We were lucky to get a table as
most were occupied or reserved. We all ordered the Sunday roast, I had beef, my daughter had turkey and my husband and son had lamb. This was served with more vegetables than we could eat and was delicious. Would defiantly recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Nice food, dated decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Had a quick family lunch and found the food to be freshly made and reasonably priced. I had homemade chicken jalfrezi and my husband had the chilli, both were very nice. However I think the decor is very dated and tired. When we went there it was quite empty so little atmosphere but I imagine it would be better when it's busy. Would go again for a casual meal but not for a special occasion.

Flint, United Kingdom
“Very very nice and not pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Went here for a bite to eat after visiting the museum.staff vwry welcoming and pleasant I orderd a prawn cocktail my wife orderd the patte my prawn cocktail was huge biggest ive ever had oveflowing with prawns and fresh lettuce , My wifes patte was very nice too.For mains I opted for the fish pie with crusty bread it was very very nice could have done with a bit more fish inIit but never the less very tasty.my wife gad the lasagne which was perfect .Service was fast and really good for dessert we had the vanilla cheesecake.Areally nice restrestaurant shame Iit shuts at 5pm im sure they would do well in tve evenings if they stayed open .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Service sucks !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The bar /resturant was practically empty when we visited, we wanted to order good for us and our children, we waited for almost ten minutes to be served by 2bar staff. Walked out in disgust at having to wait in an empty resturant ! Of all places we've visited this was worst for service. Tbh it was a little pricey for meals too. Pity as museum downstairs was a fabulous day out. The fact there were no families in is telling. Sorry.