“Ok to eat at” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 107 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: This is not a cafe at the Eden project, but in the local town, so a separate place completely although run by Eden.
Sydney, Australia
“Ok to eat at”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I bought some scones from the basket that you could take away - they weren't the best...but they were cheap.

Visited September 2013

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Nice idea but appauling service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I very rarely write bad reviews and normally contact the business direct about bad experiences but on this occasion i felt i have to. Me my partner and my 2 yr old daughter sat down to enjoy a breakfast before cathcing a bus and visiting santa at the eden project. I noticed on the menu it said a free cup of tea if ordered before 11am before ordering i made sure i went up before 11am (10.55am to be exact) whilst ordering our breakfast i asked the waiter am i right in thinking we get a free cup of tea as it was before 11am he paused looked at me looked at the clock and did this a couple of times I did think to myself that this was strange at the time, I then realised what he was doing as soon as the clock turned 11 he looked back up at me and said 'no its just gone 11 so its not free' annoyed as i was i ordered the tea anyway. Please don't take me as being petty as its only a cup of tea and i fully appreciate there has to be a cut of time but it was the shear rudeness and manner of this individual was absolutley appualing his name was was Deryck. I have only mentioned times as i made sure to remember them to make a complaint but unable to do so on the website which i also thought was a bit crafty. Me and my partner have both lived in cornwall all our lives and this is such a dissapointment to be treated as we were bearing in mind the whole trip to eden including our local passes (as they had run out) cost us around £60 just to see santa for our little girl. All the staff at the cafe need to be spoken to and reminded that customer service is crucial to a successful business and espicially deryck.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Better value than you'd expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Considering the very high prices charged to enter the Eden Project we had expected the café to be a similar rip-off but were pleasantly surprised.
The food was well cooked and presented and was quite good value given that they have a captive audience on a cold and/or wet day.
However, the café situated in the Mediteranean Biodome intruded far too much on the space in that dome and served to underline how ordinary this is compared to the Rain Forest Dome.
The good news is that there is nothing to stop you taking in a picnic so in the summer months you need only be faced with the high admission prices (which we understand are being raised again in 2014 !)

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Devon
“Mediteranian Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

A wet and windy day is ideal for a quieter visit to the Eden Project if you dont like crowds.
A light lunch here was excellent. Its a small menu this time of year I guess. Pizza or paella, the latter was sold out at 1.15 and the portions still in the Paella pan looked super.
I would not normally report on a pizza but this really was excellent.
The "real deal" this is not a "Pizza Hut" or fast food joint pizza but fresh thin and very cripy base and excellent filling, even the tommato pure was delicious.
2 x bottles of St Austel beer and a pizza to share £15. Really hit the spot.
Well done Eden its 11 years since I last came and it really is still a wonder of the UK.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Yummy breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Well, what a surprise this was. When the breakfast arrived I felt a little short changed - it wasn't as big as I had expected. However I soon learnt that it was quality not quantity that mattered.
Every single mouthful was divine. Remember to toast yourselves a few hunks of the lovely bread whilst you wait for your plate to arrive and you MUST try the homemade ketchup - amazing.

Visited October 2013