My wife and I spent one night here at the end of July to celebrate our anniversary. We have two young children so we were looking for short, quiet, relaxing break having left them with the grandparents.
We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was quaint, comfortable and smartly laid out and decorated. The bathroom was well equipped and the shower of good quality. The bed was comfortable and the room was well stocked with the usual amenities.
We enjoyed a complimentary drink and cake on the lawn and headed for the spa. The pool was small but adequate, the hot tub worked well and was in a nice spot on the balcony area. Drinks were brought up for us to enjoy whilst we relaxed in the sun.
My wife enjoyed an excellent massage before we headed back to get ready for dinner. A party was occupying the entire restaurant so we ate in the conservatory which we had been advised about upon checking in. Being a warm evening this was a pleasant experience but I'm not sure I would have been so impressed had it been mid winter.
Unfortunately, when we retired to our room, we were serenaded for the next couple of hours by the singer and pianist brought in to entertain the aforementioned party. This was unfortunate as we were right above the party. I accept we were staying in a hotel (at one if their busiest times of year) and hotels accommodate functions as well as people such as ourselves and it is possible all other rooms were taken when we booked and that the hotel is an old manor house so walls and floors are thin but we might have at least appreciated warning and perhaps compensation of some kind for the disturbance.
That aside, we slept well despite no air conditioning (although an electric fan was provided in the room) and enjoyed a nice breakfast before heading off the next morning. All things considered, we enjoyed our stay at Boscundle and would happily visit again. It is very suitable for couples looking for a relaxing break, possibly not for families as there is nothing much for kids. But it is convenient for St Austell and the surrounding towns and seaside spots on the south coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one mile from Cornwall's famous Eden project and set in 5 acres of its own private, quiet grounds, Boscundle Manor truly is a wonderful oasis in which to relax and unwind. The first thing you notice is that the building really is as pretty as it looks in the pictures and the welcome you get from the staff right through to the complimentary pot of tea and slice of cake, puts you instantly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant St Austell
- Boscundle Manor St Austell
- Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant And Spa St Austell, Cornwall