“Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in St Austell
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Myself wife and daughter stayed here so we could visit the Eden project . The hotel was great we had the cottage at the top of the grounds it was quiet and clean best nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel bed was great everything was great ! Bottle of bubbly in hot tub when we arrived lovely breakfast next day before we left . Definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2013

387 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here with our children and our beagle in one of the family cottages. The cottage was excellent and cleaned to a high standard. The hotel is very dog friendly. This was illustrated by the staff leaving a dog bowl, treats and a bed which I thought was a nice touch. Be aware that if you choose to stay in one of the cottages that you choose to take a small car as the lane leading up to them is very narrow. We ate in the fine dining restaurant on the night we arrived and the food was of good quality and the kids had a pizza delivered to the cottage which they enjoyed. The staff were friendly and nothing was to much trouble and they were very attentive

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed recently en route to visiting family in Cornwall. The welcome we received on check in was very warm and we instantly liked the feel of the hotel.
We were escorted through the beautiful manicured lawn to our garden room which was charming. Everything was tastefully decorated and we loved the dim lighting and the classical music playing as we walked it. A very ingenious way of making the room feel like it was lived in.
We made full use of the swimming pool and hot tub and had the outdoor pool been open at the time I am sure we would have taken a dip in there too.
We didn't eat in the evening as the restaurant was quite booked up. It did look lovely though and very inviting.
The breakfast was served in the conservatory which is a nice bright room. We enjoyed our choices for the menu.
Everything during our short stay was excellent. We would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
herts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were holidaying in Cheddar, and my Father's 80th Birthday fell during our holiday. We had our four dogs with us, and needed somewhere nice to lunch for the four of us, to celebrate Daddy's 80th, as we couldn't leave them at home for 8 hours.

Initially, I rang to see if they accepted dogs for 'mealtimes', as having stayed with my dogs in the past, I knew they accepted for 'staying'. David - the owner, assured me I was more than welcome to come to Boscundle with my four dogs, and eat outside on the terrace. Wonderful, I thought.... but it won't be like eating in the restaurant..... WRONG!

Fantastic, no other words needed. Two umbrellas, beautifully laid table with smart and shiny cutlery, exactly what we'd experienced in the restaurant prior to this visit, and they even bought the Chef in early, and called a favour on their waiting staff, so we could come and have this luncheon. Now THAT is service!! The food was gorgeous, a set menu. The four of us were totally full by the time we left, having had starter, main and desert. For the service and food which we ate, I had to look twice at the bill, as I thought things had been omitted!!

The Birthday cake which i'd previously given to my father was bought out with Sparklers etc. and laid on the table, they then sang happy birthday with us.... It was a superb day, and we had four hours at the hotel. I am so grateful that David and Sharon welcomed our group, and I hope they continue to do well here, the hotel is in a fab spot, and accepts dog, which is a bonus. It deserves to get great reviews. Definitely coming back again some time this year! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We booked a getaway at Boscundle and were delighted with our weekend. After looking at the website I realised they allow pets so asked and we could take our two dogs with us. They supplied baskets, bowls, rugs and treats for the dogs. (£10 per night) We stayed in the Jasmine cottage and it was very nice. The staff were friendly, accomodating and personable. The Manor has a lovely homely feel to it and the dinner we had was excellent. All in all a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The cottages are away from the main house. A little more secluded but they are divided and you may h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked the one night, very last minute, and paid £149 for a cottage ( Agatha Cottage)
Although it was a wet evening the gardens looked beautiful and there was a definate feel of relaxation and seclusion. Our arrival was met well , we had left our bags in the car which I think is advisable as we needed to drive up to our cottage. We had a patio area with chairs and table and the cottage was very quaint, classical music was playing on a retro radio in our room which I thought was a nice touch. The decor was very much to my taste , although I should imagine not everyone's cuppf tea. Bright greens and creams with modern wall paper. The bed was to die for , Very soft and comfy. We expected a double bed but what we actually had was two singles put together. This wasn't an issue for us as you could barely notice and it was a big bed. Downside to the stay was the bath was looking slighlty ropey on the bottom which I did state in my comments sheet. Spa was booked up , which I did expect as I rang just two days before and it was a Friday night , but I Think maybe I should have been put on a short call list if cancellations had arisen. We didnt eat that evening but the menu looked fantastic. Also one small problem of our 'nxt door neighbours' seemingly trying open the partition door which was obviousy locked and meant to stay locked. This may have just been the child they had with them messing about but other than that no disruptions or noises from anywhere and a very sound nights sleep. Lovely breakfast dining area , the hotel itself seemed like a lovely old country house and staff were friendly. I loved the hot tub outside although we didnt venture to this or the pool which looked equally as nice as we wanted to relax after a busy few days. Attention to detail was great bar the bath tub, I think what we paid was adequate , possibly wouldn't want to go much higher unless we had a double bed and a nicer bath.
We would recommend this place to family and friends as a luxury escape.Although we already live in the country side , this has the added bonus of being near thoses beautiful cornish beaches that we always thoroughly enjoy. Good guide to cornwall in our cottage , list of places to eat out and places to visit , and a newspaper if i remember correctly ? The fridge was stocked up and there was a selection of drinks and glasses , with ice in the freezer (very important for my G and T ) :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have just returned from a two night stay courtesy of a gift via Red Letter days. We were greeted by Claire who was most efficient and went out of her way to be extremely helpful as the original room we had been allocated was not suitable for our needs and we had to change. The room we had was very spacious and own patio but it was in need of minor cosmetic paint jobs where skirting had been scuffed and little bits like that, we did not dine in the restaurant as we were out and about exploring but breakfast was very good, again nothing too much trouble. Overall a lovely boutique style hotel, excellent stay and would like to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Boscundle Manor Hotel Restaurant and Spa? Share your experiences!