“Nice food. Service? Not really.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 107 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Nice food. Service? Not really.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice food after a long wait. No attention to detail with the service. Not made to feel welcome or looked after at all. Food was good, bit average for Indian not the best
I've had. Wouldn't let us split the bill, very unaccomidating, won't be going back sorry guys!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Food mediocre, staff were short, rude, no personality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Saturday night waited an hour and a half for food, (only four tables in the place) the bhuna was average, had better from Asda and even though there was 11 of us, the staff refused to let us pay seperately by card so took us over half an hour to sort the bill out from a badly scribbled peice of paper. On leaving the waitress rolled her eyes and raised her eyebrows at us after wde spent.£150 in theren. Average, supermarket quality curry followed up by equally average service. Sorry but I wont be going back there anytime soon.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
ROGERSTONE
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I will keep this short. We found this down a back street. Doesn't look like much and is very small inside however the service and the food were fantastic.
The Chicken Shaslick was excellent and my wife also has a Chicken Tikka Masala which was also top notch.
My daughter who is only ten loves Korma and they very kindly did her a half portion for half price.
From entering to leaving we felt very welcome and the food was great too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent 1st impression”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Having been a customer at another local Indian for years and had a couple of recent poor takeouts we thought we'd give Taste Of India a go after some good recommendation from colleagues. We really weren't disappointed.

Firstly I thought the price was very reasonable and much cheaper than the other local, the welcome from staff was great who were very friendly and presented themselves really well. I asked how long the wait would be and was told 20-25mins, which was fair as I hadn't pre ordered, this was spot on.

Onto the food, we were well impressed. It was still very hot by the time I'd got home, the chicken in my Tikka Massala was spot on, as was the flavour of the sauce. My wife had a Prawn Korma which she also really enjoyed. I can't comment on the atmosphere of the restaurant however it seemed reasonably busy and people seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I just hope the standard is consistent as our next Indian will definitely be from Taste Of India and will continue if so.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited there on a friday night about 10pm. The restaurant was totally empty. We just finished a 7hr drive and went to the first place we could find as we were all very hungry.
We ordered sheek kebabs and chicken puree's for starters. The sheek kebabs were good, but the chicken puree's were one of the best iv'e tasted.

But that was all that was good about the evening.

For mains we had king prawn sag, lamb tikka shatkora, chicken tikka bhoona, and a side of tarka dall. with 4 white rice.

the king prawn saag was just ok, i asked for extra green chillies but i never got any. the lamb tikka shatkora and chicken tikka bhoona were really bad. they both didn't look very appetising. they actually looked like a portion of mud served in a dish. they tasted just as bad as they looked.

The meal was average priced, but meal was far from average. The waiter was very polite and he tried his best.

I did not go to any other indian restaurant in the area, in fear they may all be like that. So I can't compare to another one in the area. But I have been to many indian restaurants around the country, and this place was my worst experience with indian food.

• Visited June 2013