“Best Coffee House in the West” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Cornwall UK
“Best Coffee House in the West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is the only place to go for coffee, with the most excellent cakes and sandwiches. A friendly team headed by Tracey and Dan greet you on arrival ~ you will not be disappointed if you make the effort to call in.

Visited February 2014
dannygoudge, Owner at Charlie's Coffee House, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
I know we we don't respond enough to our reviews but Tracey and I are incredibly grateful for all of our reviews and customers the locals, the travellers, the full time, the part time, the Mums, the Dads Nans and Grandads,and the children, the friends we have made and lost, you have all made the last eight years so rewarding and although this response goes out to the one review we would like to thank you all for making our world "as in Charlies" the place it is today .. all our love and thanks Danny &Tracey

Axminster, United Kingdom
“Lovely decor, lovely ambience, lovely leek and potato soup! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Good quality grub and convivial setting. Would return like a shot if wanted a cuppa and a cake or a light lunch. Small but perfectly formed!

Fareham, United Kingdom
“So good came back for more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Popped into Charlie's Coffee House yesterday as I was lusting after a cream tea. Am so grateful they served us as it was around 3.45pm and I didn't realise they close at 4pm at this time of year. We were still made to feel very welcome. We ordered paninis (one with ham and cheese and the other tuna, mayo, cheese and red onion). Both were absolutely delicious with the freshest ingredients, which makes such a difference to the end taste.. No skimping on the fillings as both were full to the point of bursting. Even though they were closing they still allowed us to order cake, scones and tea. Since tasting their Assam tea I am now converted and went out and bought a few boxes after my visit. The scone I had was simply one of the best I've ever had.....and I frequent tea and coffee shops whenever humanly possible! The thickest clotted cream and tastiest local made jam. The size of the cake slices is generous and all looked sumptuous...I only wish I had room to try them all. Coffee and walnut cake was very tasty indeed, The interior is somewhat small (but I guess a manageable size for the staff) but very cosy and "homely" with a lovely atmosphere. Newspapers and magazines lying freely on tables to read. Service here was so friendly by the owner, who chatted as she worked and didn't rush us at all. Parking was on-road and not far from the coffee house. This might be a different story if at the height of the season as it was quite busy. There is a small car park down by the quayside which is not too far to walk, if needed. Will always be on my list of places to return to...as frequently as possible.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Tasty breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed in Charlestown for a few days and on our last day we went to Charlie's for breakfast. There isn't a huge selection but everything is cooked to order and our breakfasts were really tasty and not overpriced. There was even home made jam and marmalade after the cooked breakfast so that you can use up all your toast!
I would definitely recommend this place, we didn't try the cakes but they looked amazing too!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cornwall
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

What great staff and a great menu, beautifully served. They only specialise in a small menu, but for breakfast, lunch and dinner it is always excellent. A good reason to visit

• 4 of 5 stars Food