“nice pub grub” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Durham
“nice pub grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

my family and I visited this pub twice on our holiday.13th and 15 August. There was a good choice generous portions and piping hot. My husband loved the carrot and coriander soup so much he had it both days. the pub was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this pub for a quick relaxed meal

Flint, United Kingdom
“Very nice and food great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Went here on hols for a meal .My wife ans I had garlic mushrooms to start mmm very quick service even though it was very busy as it was quuz night.I decided to have the mixed grill omg didnt eat all my chips toooo much.My wife had the chicken new yorker fab meals didnt wait long either staff really freindly and alwats smiling would deffo reccomend but the menu was slightly confusing as it stated any 2 meals £19 from the big plate menu but we didnt notice the the little black dot next to the meals as when I went to the bar to order was told mine was not on the deal as no dot by it.Not to worry the food was great mmmmm If you go suggest you book as it is a very busy pub I can see why .

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Austell, England, United Kingdom
“Good value & good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We live locally and eat here at least 2-3 times a month. This is a St. Austell Ales pub, so the menu caters for all tastes. Unless I'm in the mood for steak I often have Lasagne or something off the specials board which changes regularly. If I fancy a steak then this place is my first choice. They are always tender and full of flavour. My wife has a particular liking for their jacket potatoes with ham & pineapple. If you are looking for somewhere to eat in the St. Austell area, I can recommend you give the Holmbush inn a try. They are often busy but do accept bookings.

Pleurtuit, France
“Good quality food at very good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This place is always packed out whether it be lunchtime or evening and you can see why.
The food is, in my experience, always of a very good standard, the prices are very reasonable and the staff friendly and efficient.

We were a party of 4 and we had starters of "blanchbait" (what's with this new term in the UK? Why not call it Whitebait which is what it is) which was very good, though I would have appreciated some bread with it (which I'm sure I could have asked for and got, but I didn't so down to me there in all honesty). Then, sticking with the fishy theme, it was Scampi & Chips which was very fresh, great quality and well cooked and an absolutely huge portion comprising of 16pcs of Scampi.
The price is very good and much cheaper than other restaurants in the area and the quality, I would say, is better here.
Drinks are also very reasonable.

Would recommend you book a table, if you can, in the conservatory but inside the pub is cosy though lunchtimes can be populated with mothers & babies......... Just for info.

The staff were really efficient and plates were taken away quickly and not left on the tables.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I visited the Holmbush Inn in June with friends, just as I expected I had an enjoyable time there. The food is of excellent value, you get good, decent portion sizes for your money. Although it was really busy, the waiting time for food was only about 20 minutes. I would recommend this pub to anyone. One of my favourite places to go for meals. Thank you to the team at Holmbush!