“Will be coming back again whilst on holiday!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Will be coming back again whilst on holiday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Lovely place, very very busy and vibrant with lovely staff. We came here for dinner tonight and out of the 6 of us, 5 of the meals were fantastic. Unfortunately, the Shellfish dish I had with Scallops, prawns and mussels was luke warm verging on cold. I would have told a member of staff about this issue had we had a check back on our meals...(As somebody who also works part-time in a restaurant, I know how important this is!!!) We also asked for a bottle of tap water when we ordered our food but had to ask again when our meals had arrived as they had forgotten.
Will definitely be coming back, next time will book at table early as the "second sitting" (that we were on) was a very slow. The car park is a bit of a nightmare too.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Worth every penny but always try and book”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I love this restaurant and as a born and breed Cornish maid that likes a few of the finer things in live I can say this restaurant is a must!
The steak is fairly priced (£19ish for a sirloin) for the quality you get, yes you can buy it cheaper in other restaurants but never in other restaurants has it tasted that GOOD... I love my steak Blue/Rare so for me texture of the meat and a good level of heat throughout is important, the steak came out wrong to start ( more medium rare) I asked the waitress to change it, she did politely point out the colour would be different as the meat is very mature, however the texture was wrong for what I would like, she very quickly brought me out a new steak which was perfect. Better than perfect! I have been to this restaurant many times and never had a bad experience or meal its laid back but the most helpful and attentive staff. only feedback is I would like to see perhaps once in a while is a discounted locals night as sometimes I feel we locals are forgotten! but other than that perfect.

Visited July 2014
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Amazing food at good prices, puddings to die for. Good quality with quick service, would go again and recommend yo all. Only issue is parking but park outside on round

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food from a great menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited twice during our holiday for an adults only meal on the steak night and with the kids on BBQ night. Both times the food was lovely. We all enjoyed the meals we ordered and the kids meals were good too. The service was good and we weren't rushed at all.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Again, it's one of the best places around, can't praise the food enough and the atmosphere is also really good. Will definitely be returning.