“Excellent! Just excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 101 restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: An informal bistro style dining experience on the outskirts of St austell, serving amazingly fresh local fish & shell fish, meltingly tender Cornish steaks and interesting European dishes. We look forward to welcoming you...
“Excellent! Just excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Arranged a meal with my wife and three friends here recently and despite my friend booking our table for the wrong night, the restaurant managed to accomodate us perfectly.

The food was stunning (It was a steak and shellfish specials night) and I had a steak for main course that was simply perfect.

All of my friends enjoyed their meals and we agreed that the value of price vs quality is the best we have had anywhere.

All of the staff were extremely friendly and could not have done more to make our evening more enjoyable.

Fantastic restaurant with a lovely atmosphere and quality food and service.... What more is needed?

91% Recommend
Bicester, England, United Kingdom
“Great all round restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited Kingswood twice in October 2012 and loved it so we were keen to go back when we returned to Cornwall this year. Despite having changed hands, we were not disappointed and the restaurant more than lived up to our expectations and memories. Staff are extremely friendly, helpful and efficient; the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. We ate at 1830 as we had our 3.5 and 1.5 year old boys with us and yet even at this early hour a lot of tables were full and by the time we left it was very busy. I am always nervous about taking my kids out to eat as they are at that difficult age when a trip to a restaurant can be more hassle than its worth but the staff made us feel extremely welcome, treated the children really well and didn't make us feel like we should have stayed at home (which some retsaurants do). For this reason as much as for the quality of the food I would recommend Kingswood. We will definitely be visiting again on our next holiday to Cornwall.

“Wife's birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

20 of us dined there and every one was delighted with friendly and accomodating staff the service and the quality of the excellent food Well done Kingswood. it was that good four of us went back two weeks later and it just could not have been better,it may not be cheep but you certainly get what you pay for.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great food, attentive staff and a lovely atmosphere on my first visit.

Went for an evening meal here and they managed to squeeze us in! Food was great (please see pictures). Have returned since and the standard has not changed at all!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing steak!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent service, amazing food, starters, mains and desserts. I had the sirloin steak for my main but because I'm pregnant I needed it to be cooked medium (normally I would have it rare!), I have to say it was the best steak I've ever tasted and cooked perfectly! We were a party of 8 and everybody said how amazing the food was. We will definitely be visiting again for "date night" before the baby is born! :-)

• Visited September 2013