“don't judge a book by its cover” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 101 restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: English
Description: Austell's is an open planned restaurant with a raised level eating area for the guests to view the chefs working! We pride ourselves in innovative cuisine with an informal, relaxed service!
Berkshire
“don't judge a book by its cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

we recently chose to celebrate my parents golden wedding anniversary meal here as we were staying close by and I had read good things on Trip advisor prior to booking.
I can hand on heart say that our collective experience was overwhelmingly positive and I find it difficult to find a bad word to say about this restaurant except that it is located at the end of a row of tired shop units . personally since I am no looker myself I have always believed that the it's the inside that counts and this is no exception . Food exquisite , service exceptional and ambience just perfect. My only regret is that I don't live in Cornwall and I can't visit more often. Thanks once again for a fabulous evening out to all the staff

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

96% Recommend
“Awesome meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just back from Austells 1st time we've been but definitely won't be the last. Service was fantastic full explanation of every course as the plates arrived ,really good atmosphere and the food words fail me truely awesome the highlight of which was the frozen pecans on the chocolate brownie truely inspired idea

Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant ever, his food is amazing the service is kind and I love when the food is being prepared you can smell it and you can watch as the food is being made.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, Friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

All good. Food was excellent, in good quantities and served with a smile. We had a most enjoyable night out.

Bromsgrove, England, United Kingdom
“This delightful restaurant has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have had the good fortune to have eaten in a lot of nice restaurants all over the world and I'm pleased to say that our meal at Austell's was right up there with the best of them. The combination of attentive hosts, delicious food and modern environment hit all the right notes for us. Why can't all restaurants be this good? Would definitely recommend to others and very much look forward to a turn visit.